We love Fall in the Tennessee Valley! There’s no shortage of free/cheap fun to do in the Huntsville area and we’ve listed some of our favorites for you below.
Note: If you’re staying in town for the school break next week, be sure to consult our Fall Break Camp for Kids list. It’s not too late to sign the kids up for some fun camps & classes next week! I think you’ll find our Fall Break for $5 or Less info pretty handy for next week too!
Of course, you can also browse our full Event Calendar if you need even more ideas. Be sure to download the free Explore Huntsville app to get all the best RCM info on the go. Just don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- It’s not too late to sign the kids up for a local Fall Break Camp next week! Details
- Pick a local Pumpkin Patch or Corn Maze to visit! Details & List
- Head to Cullman for their free Oktoberfest on Friday & Saturday. Details
- Putt-putt on the Square at the 2020 Downtown Open all weekend. Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for Festifall & the Scarecrow Trail. Details
- While you’re there, stop by the HBG Fall Plant Sale for some great green deals. Details
- Enjoy Parent’s Night Out on Friday at The Matrix Gym. Details
- Visit the Boaz Harvest Festival for live music, arts & crafts, pumpkin decorating and more! Details
- Go apple-picking and slushie-slurpin’ at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- Grab a pumpkin and some fresh Fall produce at various weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- Enjoy USSRC’s newest series, the I.D.E.A.S. Lab this weekend. Details
- … Then stay for the Alabama Autumn Skies planetarium show. Details
- Explore the Whimsical Woods and Fall foliage at Burritt On the Mountain. Details
- Support bereaved families & raise awareness about pregnancy & infant loss at the Rock & Walk. Details
- Watch Beetlejuice in your car at the Lowe Mill drive-in Saturday night. Details
- … or head to the MidCity Drive-In to watch Ghostbusters! Details
- Head to Bridge Street to see their 1st annual Chalktoberfest. Details
- Play with cool toys and then take them apart at the Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Rev up your engines on the ATV Halloween Trail in Elkmont Saturday & Sunday. Details
- Pop up a tent at the Family Camp Out Night at Huntsville Botanical Garden on Saturday. Details
- Scare your friends & explore historic places this Saturday on a Huntsville Ghost Walk! Details
- Meet Tallulah Bankhead and her friends at the free History-on-a-Stick Walking Tour this Sunday. Details
- Buzz over to Sunday’s free Honey Festival in Hampton Cove. Details
- A Halloween Hocus Pocus & Monster House double feature is at the Sand Mountain Drive In on Sunday! Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.