Do you know of an event that other Rocket City Moms and Dads should know about? Don’t keep it to yourself! Share with us and we’ll share with the world (or at least Huntsville and North Alabama). You’ll reach tens of thousands of area parents and we’ll have the inside scoop.
Calendar Policy: Our calendar is a curated listing of family friendly free and cheap events. Submitted events must meet the following criteria:
- Free or cheap – $20 or less for a family of four.
- A festival or one-time event. No ongoing classes or workshops. School break camps should be submitted directly to email@example.com.
- Kid-friendly events benefiting local charities or non-profit organizations – proof of 501(c)3 may be required.
- By request of our readers (i.e. Parent’s Nights Out, Consignment sales).
We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis, usually for our sponsors and contributors. If your event charges admission and is “for-profit” it is unlikely we will list it here for free.
For advertising inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please submit your event at least 2-3 weeks in advance. It can take five business days for your event submission to be approved. Late submissions are not guaranteed (but we’ll do our best).
LIST YOUR YARD SALE
We are happy to accept Yard or Garage sale listings but we ask you follow a certain “style” so that they are easy to identify and locate.
Sample Title – “YARD SALE: 123 Sparrow Lane, Madison”
Make Sure Your Event is Approved!
- Give us the details. Be sure to include name of the event, date & time, cost, and a brief description.
- Include a photo as an attachment. Ideally a photo that is at minimum 600 pixels wide and rectangular in shape (1200px wide x 630px high would be ideal). Including a photo makes it easier to share your event on social media and makes it more likely to attract the attention of our readers.
- Include a URL. Whether it’s for a website, Facebook page, or Facebook Event page. If you don’t have a website to link to we will not add it to our site.
- Read our policy. Our calendar is unique in that we are not a comprehensive calendar of local events. We cultivate events and only publish those that are family-friendly AND free/cheap. We make exceptions (see policy above) but we’ve built our brand on providing information on low-cost family fun for our readers.
To submit your event email email@example.com