There’s plenty of ways to fight off the summer boredom this Huntsville weekend! Reel in some fun at the Wally Vess Fishing Rodeo, enjoy a family movie night, or take a kayak trip down the Flint Creek. Whatever you’re interested in, there’s something for your family to enjoy. Check out some of our top picks below or view our full event calendar for even more options!
Check off Summer Fun
If you’re on the hunt for ways to fill those long summer days, we’ve got just the thing for you! Fight off Summer boredom and find new treasures in your own town with our 60 Things to Do This Summer checklist.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Offer a helping hand and join Operation Green Team for the Holiday Homes Clean-Up. Details
- FREE – Join the battle between Food Truck VS. Food Trailers in Big Spring Park. Details
- FREE – Grab the popcorn and lawn chairs as you enjoy a Family Film Night in Arab. Details
- FREE – Reel in the fun at the Wally Vess Youth Fishing Rodeo. Details
- FREE – Kayak Flint Creek and enjoy a guided tour of wildlife and plants. Details
- FREE – Enjoy fun and games at the Athens Library Summer Reading Kick-off Party. Details
- FREE – Roll out the yoga mat and start your Saturday relaxed at Yoga by the River. Details
- FREE – Enjoy moon bounces and food at the Edmonton Heights Family Life Center Open House. Details
- FREE – Support local farmers and shop the freshest produce at Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Or check out one of these other local weekend Farmers Markets for produce, meats, and more. Details
- FREE – Dance your way to a healthier you at Fitness in the Park. Details
- FREE – Get creative with Crafts to Go from the Madison Public Library. Details
- FREE – Shop area vendors at the Lowe Mill Outdoor Artist Market. Details
- FREE – Grab some food and enjoy live music at The Camp. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues with your kids on the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Take your little mad scientist to EarlyWork’s Tinker Lab to experiment and explore. Details
- Take a well-earned Parents’ Night Out while the kids enjoy pizza and fun at Matrix Gym. Details
- Look to the stars and enjoy a tour of the Alabama Summer Skies at the Space & Rocket Center. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s newest exhibit Drones: Is the Sky the Limit. Details
- Test your building abilities against an earthquake at Summer STEAM in the Park! Details
- Explore Burritt on the Mountain and go on a real life treasure hunt on one of their GeoQuest courses. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- RCM’s Summer Fun Guide
- Keeping Kids Safe Around Swimming Pools & Water
- 10 things to do with your kids this June
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.