- 25+ things going on the Rocket City this weekend.
We’re in for an exciting Huntsville weekend! Celebrate and support the arts during a Taste of Panoply or love the plant during the week of Earth Day with fun, nature events. As always, we’ve gathered some of our top picks below, or you can find a complete list on our full event calendar.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
A Mother’s Day gift that keeps on giving!
This Mother’s Day, give a gift that will impact mothers during some of their scariest and most uncertain days – hospital bed rest during a high-risk pregnancy. For each purchase of Rocket City Mom’s locally-made “North Alabama Okayest Mom” mug, we will donate 100% of the proceeds to the Antepartum Unit at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children. Learn more about the Antepartum Unit and how to purchase your own mug here. You also can WIN a mug in our North AL Okayest Mom contest!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend – Keep an eye out for some Spring showers!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Celebrate and support The Arts all weekend during a Taste of Panoply, with fireworks on Friday! Details
- Explore one of the four GeoQuest! courses at Burritt on the Mountain. Details
- Celebrate the planet during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Earth Day Celebration. Details
- Follow the journey to space and beyond at the Space & Rocket Center’s newest exhibit. Details
- Enjoy a more relaxed environment during Cook Museum’s Sensory-Friendly Hours. Details
- Follow the story of the “world’s first musical” during Huntsville High’s production of Something Rotten. Details
- Laugh out loud with Turnip & Joletta at Shenanigan’s Family Game Night. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Environmental Education Week with fun and educational activities. Details
- FREE – Exercise your green thumb during Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Spring Plant Sale. Details
- FREE – Check out a local weekend Farmers Market for fresh produce, meats, flowers, and more. Details
- FREE – Get creative with a Crafts to Go from the Madison Public Library. Details
- FREE – Catch a Virtual Sleepy Beauty Princess Story Time before nap time. Details
- FREE – Go on a treasure hunt during the Spring Taylor Road Community Yard Sale. Details
- FREE – Check out awesome cars, trucks, and bikes during the Asbury Cruise-In. Details
- FREE – Stock up your garden during the Master Gardeners of North Alabama Annual Spring Plant Sale. Details
- FREE – Take your fun to new heights during an Intro to Climbing Clinic at the Johnson Center. Details
- FREE – Chill out during the Rest and Relaxation Expo at Jackson Baptist Church. Details
- FREE – Enjoy fun for all ages in Athens during the KALB Earth Day and Outdoor Expo. Details
- FREE – Hear music, food, and more during Sunday Serenade at Stovehouse. Details
- FREE – Pick a new local park to explore and play a game of freeze tag! Details
- FREE – Pack a picnic and enjoy a good story during Bryson Stoytelling at Wise Ant General Store. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues with your kids on the NEW Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt! Details
- FREE – Enjoy live music, food, and more at The Camp. Details
- FREE – Send us your epic #MomFail stories for the North AL Okayest Mom Contest. Details
- FREE – Get a head start on Mother’s Day with these crafts that mom will love. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Farmers Markets and U-Picks
- Huntsville & North Alabama Summer Camp Guide
- Coloring Between the Lines: Breastfeeding Support for the Underserved
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.