Summer has flown by so fast, but you have a few more weekends to enjoy before virtual school starts – better make it count! As always we’ve got our favorite free and/or cheap things happening in the next few days below, but more can be found in our Event Calendar. You can also enjoy fun things while on the go via our FREE Explore Huntsville app.
Also – we’re trying hard to connect families struggling with this whole virtual school thing with as much academic support as we can find. If you’re a tutor or a retired teacher offering academic assistance to local parents we’d like to include you in a list we’re working on. Just fill out this form here.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- It’s Pick-Your-Own Peaches Day at Scott’s orchard! Details
- Celebrate Parks & Rec Month and #GoPlayHsv. Here’s how: Details
- Get your fill of fresh fruit and veggies by shopping at various weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- Explore all the new exhibits at Earlyworks Museum‘s grand re-opening. Details
- Explore the Whimsical Woods outdoors at Burritt On the Mountain. Details
- Head to a double feature at the Drive-In Movies. Details
- Snag some of your favorite super heroes for a Free Comic Book. Details
- Take the Cold Treat Summer Challenge and win free ice cream! Details
- Get your jam on at Lowe Mill’s Concerts In the Car series. Details
- Channel your kid’s inner Picasso with these take-away art kits for kids. Details
- Soak in some history with the family at Constitution Hall Park on Saturday morning. Details
- Grab the SPF and go creek-stomping. Details
- Hit the Flint River and go kayaking at these kid-friendly spots. Details
- Work on this awesome Huntsville Summer Bucket List. Details
- Cool off in one of the splashpads and parks but check their safety guidelines first! Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your email inbox each week!
Follow us on Instagram to see some awesome #HsvSummerFun!
In Case You Missed It…
- Drive-in movies are all the rage in the Tennessee Valley
- Local businesses offering virtual learning support
- Our family had Covid & didn’t know it: the case for masks
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.