Huntsville Weekend Roundup April 30 – May 2
The weather is getting warmer and it’s shaping up to be a great Huntsville Weekend! From a Birthday party for Mexican alligator lizards to the Pokemon Takeover at EarlyWorks Children’s Museum, there’s fun for everyone in the family this weekend. Check out some of our top weekend picks below or browse our event calendar for even more fun.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask. Covid & vaccination rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
Share your Okayest Mom Moments for a Chance to Win Awesome Mother’s Day Prizes!
Share your funniest parenting moments to win this awesome coffee mug – and a chance to win a Nintendo Switch Lite! After the year moms everywhere have had, we think it’s worth celebrating just getting to another Mother’s Day with everyone intact. This year, rather than go for the Best Mom, we want to acknowledge and honor the Okayest Mom. Submit your stories here before May 6 to enter.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend – Keep an eye out for some Spring showers!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- You gotta catch ’em all during the Pokemon Takeover at EarlyWorks this weekend. Details
- Spread your wings & let fun fly during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Butterfly Release. Details
- Don’t you need one more house plant? Head for the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Spring Plant Sale. Details
- Discover the wonder of nature during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Seed to Sprouts. Details
- Sing Happy Birthday to Cook Museum’s Mexican Alligator Lizards during their Birthday Bash. Details
- Create your own nebula at this new outdoor Summer Science Series for kids at the Space & Rocket Center! Details
- Laugh out loud at Comedy Science Improv‘s family-friendly show. Details
- Enjoy strawberries, inflatables, live music, and more during Moulton’s Strawberry Festival. Details
- Venture through Burritt on the Mountain on one of four GeoQuest Adventure courses. Details
- Treat your family to a rockin’ Drive-In Laser Light Show at Point Mallard. Details
- Kids can sign up for the 1-Mile Fun Run for a great Huntsville cause. Details
- FREE – Check out a local weekend Farmers Market for fresh produce, meats, flowers, and more. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues with your kids on the NEW Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Stretch out by the Flint River during Yoga by the River at Hays Nature Preserve. Details
- FREE – Explore Pine Ridge Day Camp & Equestrian Center during the super fun Camp Open House. Details
- FREE – Break out that bike helmet and pump up those tires for the Mayor’s Bike Ride. Details
- FREE – Have a purrrfect day at Lowe Mill during Rocket City Kittypalooza. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Arbor Day during the Champion Tree Hike at Joe Wheeler State Park. Details
- FREE – Dribble, shoot, pass, and more at this Free Soccer Clinic. Details
- FREE – Learn how to make a seed bomb at the 4th Annual Garden Gathering. Details
- FREE – Enjoy outdoor activities at the Family Fun Day & Classic Car and Truck Show. Details
- FREE – Join local moms for a Bereaved Mother’s Day Event. Details
- FREE – Wind down the weekend during Stovehouse’s Sunday Serenade. Details
- FREE – Send us your epic #MomFail stories for the North AL Okayest Mom Contest. Details
- FREE – Get a head start on Mother’s Day with these crafts that mom will love. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- Farmers Markets and U-Picks
- RCM’s Summer Camp Guide, VBS List, & Teen Volunteering
- Burritt’s GeoQuest Adventures are Fun for All Ages
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.