Mom’s Night Out is seriously saving my life. Don’t get me wrong – I love my kids and family, I love my work, but sometimes you just need a night off with the gals to decompress and remember you have a life outside of being a mom. This is why I love trivia night.
- Which century was the Mona Lisa painted?
- What is the name of the largest fresh water lake in the world?
- What is the item of clothing named after its Scottish inventor?
To me, it’s the perfect GNO. There’s food that YOU don’t have to prepare, usually drink specials (or not, if you don’t partake), great company, and a chance to use all those useful bits of trivia lying dormant in your brain. Plus, a GNO Trivia Night is totally customizable to your girl gang. Love to get dressed up? Put on makeup and your favorite wedges for the first time in weeks! Tired of wearing a suit & Spanx? Throw on some black yoga pants and a cute top and go!
There’s just something about getting together with your posse for a face-to-face in this world dominated by newsfeeds and social media. Having quality human contact with other like-minded adults can be an invaluable stress-buster, even for introverts.
But where to venture out? Here’s a list of our favorite Trivia Nights in Huntsville**.
Trivia Night Destinations in the Rocket City
- Drake’s | Sunday & Monday at 7PM | (256) 517-8588)
- The Boot Pizzeria | Tuesday nights at 7PM | (256) 489-1771
- Buena Vista in Madison | Tuesday at 6PM | (256) 837-8226
- Moe’s Original BBQ in Providence | Tuesdays at 7PM | (256) 715-8667
- Mellow Mushroom in Jones Valley | Tuesday at 6PM | (256) 883-0232
- Furniture Factory Wednesday at 7PM | (256) 539-8001
Before You Trivia GNO
Decide on your team name.
This name will define your GNO and solidify your reputation in the trivia circles around town. The cleverer, the better.
Decide a regular time & place.
Most teams have at least a monthly time & venue they frequent. After a few visits your team will develop a rapport with the trivia host and servers. This can be invaluable when your team can’t remember who sang “I’m Sexy And I Know It” and your waitress whispers the answer on the down-low. #BigTip
Carpool if you can.
Because it’s nice for someone else to drive YOU around every once and awhile, as long as you return the favor.
Where is your favorite place to have a Trivia Night? Leave us a comment and we’ll add it to our list!
**Note Trivia Nights at these locations are subject to change. When in doubt, call ahead to check.
You Might Also Like…