Updated for 2018
All it takes is a spark. One great idea, hatched from the mind of someone in the trenches on a daily basis. After all, that’s how Rocket City Mom came to be – as well as the 1,095 women-owned businesses here in Alabama. The world needs more Mompreneurs!
It’s been our experience that moms have fantastic business ideas, and many are looking for more flexible ways to stay in the workforce, using their hard-earned skills while raising a family.
Maybe you’re passionate about an issue or cause. Maybe you are really great at something that meets a need for others. Maybe you need to find a way to keep your skill set sharp while you have a baby. Or maybe you’ve just sent your last baby off to college and are ready to start a new chapter in your professional life.
Huntsville needs more Mompreneurs. Are you the next one?
The Catalyst Center’s Mompreneur Event
- What: An event hosted by the Catalyst Center for for Business & Entrepreneurship geared to inspire Moms to find their vision and determine if starting a small business is right for them.
- When: 2018 event TBD – stay tuned!
- Who: Stay at home moms; Working moms seeking more flexible hours or more time with their family; Moms who are interested in possibly starting a business
Keep an eye on their Mompreneurs of Huntsville Group Page on Facebook for details on how to apply.
That Sounds Pretty Great, But What Will It Include?
You mean besides lunch, and valuable time with a roomful of inspiring Mompreneurs and other would-be Mompreneurs? We’ll have keynote speakers, a Q&A with a panel of local experts (we’ll be there!), networking time, and plenty of opportunities to start working on that small business you’ve been dreaming about.
Topics we’ll cover throughout the day are varied, just like the women attending the event. Erin Bloxham Curtis, the Catalyst Center’s CEO, knows all about the needs of women that want to hang a shingle for themselves, and listed some of the issues we’ll cover at The Mompreneur Event:
- Having a village to help you parent, work, and balance life is essential. Without your village it’s so much harder. Our speakers will talk about how their village has helped them be successful
- Understanding how to “do it all” from those who are doing it now
- Forming bonds with other women who have the same type of dreams
- Women have different needs, and moms who are business owners have even more unique needs