Huntsville Weekend Roundup September 3 – 6
It’s a long Huntsville weekend and there’s plenty of fun to go around for Labor Day. Be an Entomologist for a Day with Cook Museum, visit Smith Lake for the Sweet Tater Festival, or enjoy a mini summer camp at Escape the Indoors. If you don’t find something below, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff.
Fall Break Camps
It seems like school just started back yesterday, but Fall Break will be here before we know it! We’ve made planning the ultimate break easy with a complete list of Fall Break Camps in North Alabama. View the camps and register here.
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Click here to see the weather this weekend
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Groove to the Rocket City Latin Band during Lowe Mill’s Fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- FREE – Relax by the Flint during Operation Green Team’s Yoga by the River. Details
- FREE – Enjoy arts & crafts vendors, food, and more at the Smith Lake Sweet Tater Festival. Details
- FREE – Have all the fun of a summer camp at Escape the Outdoors. Details
- FREE – Celebrate your favorite book characters during If You Were In. Details
- FREE – Enjoy food trucks, music, and more during Arab’s SugarFest. Details
- FREE – Shop the latest fall trends at the Cullman Wee Swap Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Grab a bite to eat downtown during Food Truck Vs. Food Trailers. Details
- FREE – Join Fit4Mom Madison for a storytime and playgroup at Dublin Park. Details
- FREE – Shop local arts & crafts makers during First Fridays in Downtown Florence. Details
- FREE – Enjoy food and fun during The Bunker Military Outreach Military Appreciation Night. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Grab something yummy from a farmer at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Enjoy an out-of-this-world hunt for Huntsville’s Space Murals. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Be an Entomologist for a Day at Cook Museum of Natural Science. Details
- Enjoy a Parents’ Night Out while the kids jump and play at Matrix Gym. Details
- Discover the wonders of nature during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Seeds to Sprouts. Details
- Go stargazing at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center’s INTUITIVE Planetarium. Details
- Shop local makers, enjoy live music, and more at Scottboro’s Art Sunday. Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for their magical new exhibit, Night Blooms. Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Fall Break Camps for Kids in North Alabama
- North AL Birthday Party Planner
- Tutors & Tutoring Services in North Alabama
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.