Another Huntsville Weekend is upon us, and there’s something for everyone! Hold onto summer just a little longer at Ditto Landing’s Slide Out of Summer or get ready for fall at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Scarecrow Trail. No matter what you’re looking for, the entire family can find something to enjoy. If you don’t find something below, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff.
2021 Fall Break Camps
It seems like school just started back yesterday, but Fall Break will be here before we know it! We’ve made planning the ultimate break easy with a complete list of Fall Break Camps in North Alabama. View the camps and register here. We’re adding new ones as we learn about them!
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Stroll through the Friday Night Art Walk in downtown Huntsville and browse local vendors. Details
- FREE – Enjoy games, food, raffles, and more during the Summer Bash 2021. Details
- FREE – Watch Guardians of the Galaxy during Fall Fridays Movies in the Park. Details
- FREE – Jam to the Cigar Box Serenaders during Fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- FREE – Enjoy kids stations, performances, and more at The Good Music & Arts Festival. Details
- FREE – Break out the glow sticks for Park & Bass IX Glow Flow. Details
- FREE – Celebrate recycled music during the 17th Annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival. Details
- FREE – Check out the 325 Block Party for food, live entertainment, and more. Details
- FREE – Dust off your cape for Eli’s Block Party and Superhero Day. Details
- FREE – Cuddle adoptable kittens with Feline Fanciers during Brews n’ Mews. Details
- FREE – Relax by the Flint during Operation Green Team’s Yoga by the River. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Grab something yummy from a farmer at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Enjoy an out-of-this-world hunt for Huntsville’s Space Murals. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Stroll through the Scarecrow Trail at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Details
- Enjoy old fashioned music during Music on the Mountain Day at Burritt. Details
- Get an up-close look at Cool Cranes during Cook Museum’s Science on the Spot. Details
- Enjoy a little more summer fun at Ditto Landing’s Slide Out of Summer. Details
- Groove to Huntsville in the Mood Band during Burritt’s City Lights and Stars Concert. Details
- Go stargazing at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center’s INTUITIVE Planetarium. Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for their magical exhibit, Night Blooms. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Fall Break Camps for Kids in North Alabama
- North AL Birthday Party Planner
- Tutors & Tutoring Services in North Alabama
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.