Being home to the internationally acclaimed U.S. Space & Rocket Center definitely has its perks, and the holidays are no exception. This year, Huntsville families can enjoy a few new Christmas events, as well as some favorites from previous years.
Fun Things to Do at the Space & Rocket Center this Christmas
Star of Bethlehem
Nov. 27 and Dec. 11 and 12 | Doors open at 6:15 PM, with the presentation at 7 PM
INTUITIVE® Planetarium | Buy Tickets
Experience the wonders of the season as we explore the Star of Bethlehem in an astronomical context. Balancing both science and religion, you can investigate theories on what celestial phenomenon may have led the Magi to the Nativity more than 2,000 years ago. Limited seating available in support of social distancing measures.
Starry Starry Night Event
Dec. 12 – 5 to 8 p.m.
USSRC Museum | Buy Tickets
Add a little celestial sparkle to your holiday season! Join the U.S. Space & Rocket Center to learn about the stars above us. The evening includes star-themed activities in the original museum building along with a tour of the brightest stars visible in the winter night sky in the INTUITIVE® Planetarium. Goodies will be for sale at our concessions stand. Planetarium seating is limited.
New Year’s at Noon
CANCELED FOR 2020
Dec. 31 at Noon
Davidson Center | Buy Tickets
Celebrate New Year’s at NOON! Enjoy hands-on New Year’s-themed activities in the Davidson Center for Space Exploration along with a special countdown at noon. This is perfect way for little ones to welcome in the New Year! This special event is included with admission or membership.
More About USSRC’s Covid-19 Guidelines
The U. S. Space & Rocket Center once again welcomes visitors to explore the museum. Just as astronauts brave the challenges of Space, they will be facing the challenges presented by COVID-19. To protect the safety of staff and guests, they have adopted the following new procedures:
- USSRC will open with limited attendance and encourage the pre-purchase of tickets.
- The main entrance has moved temporarily to the Davidson Center to support social distancing.
- A mask is required for entry for all visitors and staff members
- Staff will be re-enforcing social distancing in queue-lines, at exhibits, and throughout the campus.
- They have implemented increased frequency of sanitization and disinfection across all museum spaces.
- Operating hours have changed to allow more time for cleaning and sanitizing.
- USSRC is implementing these new measures and procedures to keep staff and visitors healthy.
USSRC activities temporarily unavailable to support social distancing measures:
– Biergarten, HyperShip, Kids Cosmos Energy Depletion Zone, KidSpace, Mars Climbing Wall, Moon Shot, Spark!Lab
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.