- Check out our Parent Pro-Tips for Lowe Mill's Fall Concerts On the Dock before you go.
- Musician lineup below!
You know cooler weather is around the corner when the good people at Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment announce their Fall Concerts On the Dock lineup, and we are so excited to have them back for their 14th year!
This is one of our favorite free family events, and there are a few tips we’ve shared below to make bringing the kids a little easier. It can get crowded, and planning ahead is a must to maximize enjoyment.
Concerts On the Dock Parent Pro-Tips
- It Can Be Crowded – I like to dress my kids in brightly colored shirts so I can keep an eye on them easier. The layout of the event is very open with lots of space to run and play. If you have a crowd-darter, you’ll want to stay close. Arriving a bit early can make sure you get the seat of your choice and avoid long food lines.
- It Can Be Hot – It’s Alabama, ya’ll. Apply sunscreen to the whole family and prepare to stay hydrated by bringing water from home. Don’t forget your Piper & Leaf tea jars – mine stay in my car just for Concerts on the Dock season.
- Pack a Picnic – It’s common for folks to bring a huge spread, from pizzas to sandwiches and everything in between. You can also grab a bite from Happy Tummy, Chef Will, and Pofta Buna. There are usually even more food truck options each night of the concerts. It’s also permitted to BYOB and everyone does so responsibly. Don’t forget the lawn chairs and picnic blankets, as well as bug spray when the evenings are warm. Leave room for dessert at Pizzelle’s Confections or Suzy Pops, and remember to bring your Piper & Leaf tea jugs.
- Be Prepared to Play – Lowe Mill usually provides hula-hoops and sidewalk chalk for kids to play with while they listen to the band. There always seems to be a game of tag going on with the kids, and lots of times someone brings bubbles!
- Tap Into Some Puppy Power – This is a dog-friendly event, and many people bring Fido along to enjoy the concert. Chances are your kiddo is going to want to pet one. Always ask before you do and practice good doggie etiquette anytime kids and pets mix.
- Leave the Wheels at Home – No roller blades, scooters, bikes, or skateboards are allowed. It’s just too easy to hurt someone.
- Explore the Mill – The artists love visitors and this is a great time to explore the halls of Lowe Mill. Some studios even offer kid’s art sessions while parents enjoy the concerts!
- Carpool if You Can – If you have a large group coming to the concert, know that parking is limited and carpooling encouraged. Parking is $5 starting this Spring.
And now – look who’s coming to CoD!
2022 Fall Concerts On the Dock Lineup
- Every Friday at Lowe Mill from 6-9 PM
- FREE admission, $5 parking
September 2 – Alan Little
September 9 – John Onder and Sylvia Dean
September 16 – Marylyn Coffee, Rolling Jazz Revue
September 23 – Gabe Larose, Hunter Copeland
September 30 – Roberta Silva and Keith Taylor, Josh Counts
October 7 – Aunt Sofonda, The Orbits
You Might Also Like…
- Date Night in Huntsville
- North AL Birthday Party Planner
- More Fun Things for Kids to Do in Huntsville
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.