The weather is shaping up to be much warmer this weekend and there are some great outdoor events to help you celebrate! Explore nature with the littles and go bird watching at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s latest children’s experience, or enjoy a bird’s eye view with crafts and activities during Little Farmers’ Birds of a Feather. Revisit your favorite grumpy ogre’s swamp during Grissom High’s production of Shrek the Musical. Check out some of our other top picks below or view our full calendar to plan your perfect weekend.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
The Huntsville Spring Activity Guide is here!
Spring has sprung and we’ve got the 2021 Spring Guide to prove it! Inside you’ll find…
- Spring Break Deals
- Spring Break Camps
- Festivals & Special Events
- Spring Plays & Shows
- Consignment Sales
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Hunt for Troll dolls or make your own during EarlyWork’s Festival of Dolls. Details
- Create your own cast-and-mold fossils at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- …and check out their latest exhibit, Dare to Explore: Milestones to Mars. Details
- Go bird watching in the HBG’s latest children’s installation, Tweetsville. Details
- Spread your wings with crafts, snacks, and fun during Birds of a Feather. Details
- Invade the swamp during Grissom High School’s production of Shrek the Musical. Details
- Enjoy your Spring Break without breaking the bank. Details
- FREE – Take the kids on a fun bike ride. Details
- FREE – Take home a fun craft kit from the Madison Public Library. Details
- FREE – Shop for some new upscale looks at the Boutique Closet Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Update your wardrobe during Cullman Wee Swap Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Shop the Market at MidCity with regional farmers, makers, and more. Details
- Get your summer planned with the RCM Summer Camp Guide. Details
- Poll the kids and vote on the Huntsville Family Favorite Awards. Details
- FREE – Make your own St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Fairy Wand. Details
- FREE – Break out the crafting supplies for these adorable lucky flower pots. Details
- FREE – Make your own potato chips with this Kids Kitchen Takeover. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Huntsville Parks Guide for Kids
- Spring Plays & Performances in Huntsville, Madison, & North Alabama
- Vote for Your Huntsville Favorites Today and Share Some Love
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.