Buckle up your seat belts, folks. From here on out every weekend in Huntsville is going to be action packed! We love Halloween fun, and there’s plenty of the free & cheap variety here for your family. Be sure to download the free Explore Huntsville app to get all the best RCM info on the go. Be smart – don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer!
A Little Housekeeping Note…
We’ve decided to spend a lot less time on our Facebook Page and more time in friendlier & less toxic social spaces. (I think we could all use that, amiright?) If you don’t want to miss anything, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter, follow us on Instagram, or join our Super Reader Group. We’ve got some giveaways planned there and we don’t want you to miss them!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Pick a local Pumpkin Patch or Corn Maze to visit! Details & List
- Grab the kids and Caravan to the Courthouse for a civics lesson this Friday. Details
- Pop-Up Parks return to the Square in downtown Huntsville, and they’re free! Details
- While you’re there, eat local at the Socially Distant Food Truck Rally downtown. Details
- Ride a train to the pumpkin patch on Saturday at the North AL Railroad Museum. Details
- Do your part to help out at the South Huntsville Clean Up Day. Details
- Kick off Huntsville Art Week this Saturday at HMA with a free art project! Details
- Learn about Native Americans and the Trail of Tears in Alabama at Burritt. Details
- Fantasy Playhouse performs virtually in Amelia & Harriet’s Magical Adventure. Details
- Go apple-picking and slushie-slurpin’ at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- Paint a pumpkin with Spirited Art at Salty Nut Brewery. Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for Festifall & the Scarecrow Trail. Details
- While you’re there, stop by the HBG Fall Plant Sale for some great green deals. Details
- Saturday is Hocus Pocus Movie Night at Sharon Johnston Park in New Market. Details
- … or you can also watch it at the MidCity Drive-In in Huntsville. Details
- Grab a pumpkin and some fresh Fall produce at various weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- Enjoy USSRC’s newest series, the I.D.E.A.S. Lab on Saturday. Details
- Play with cool toys and then take them apart at the Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Watch Return of the Living Dead at the Lowe Mill Monster Movie Drive-In. Details
- Learn all about amazing arachnids at Cook Museum’s Spider Special! Details
- Rev up your engines on the ATV Halloween Trail in Elkmont Saturday & Sunday. Details
- Head over to Boaz to catch a family-friendly double feature at the Drive-In. Details
- Scare your friends & explore historic places Fri-Sun on a Huntsville Ghost Walk! Details
- Take your pup to a Howl-o-Ween Costume Party on Sunday. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- To Trick-or-Treat or not to Trick-or-Treat?
- Huntsville’s Ultimate Birthday Party Planning Guide
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Guide to Huntsville
- Here’s Where Kids Eat Free Every Day of the Week in Huntsville
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.