Yesterday we gave you ideas for crafts and other gifts that are sure to please mom. Today, we bring you events and activities that will get you out of the house as a family, or maybe just give mom a little time to herself. It’s her special day, it can’t hurt to shower her with attention, gifts and choices.
So What Does Mom Want?
That’s the question dads and children are asking themselves right now and we’re nothing if not helpful. We did a quick poll on Facebook to see what moms really want and it seems they want…drumroll…to relax. Some moms wanted maid service, others a massage, still more wanted time alone with dad, or just time alone. Most want all of the above. Because in one way or another all those items let her relax. Motherhood is hard work folks!
We’re Here to Help
From Day One of this site, our motto has been – Making Parenting in Huntsville Easier – and we mean it. So below you’ll find not only a great list of things to eat, see, do on Mother’s Day but you can also enter to win the MOTHER OF ALL GIVEAWAYS: 4 Hours of Housecleaning Services courtesy of 2 Ladies and a Broom PLUS a Spa Package from Huntsville Massage Professionals to include a 30 minute Swedish Massage, Cool Stone Facial, Aromatherapy Foot Soak and Herbal Tea.
You read that correctly. One very lucky RCM reader is going to get some incredibly good news this Sunday when we announce the winner of our very first Rocket City Mom Mother’s Day Giveaway. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, enter and then come back and read the rest of this post 🙂
- Brunch Recommendation from The Dining Dragon – last year we asked our friend Amanda (aka The Dining Dragon) to recommend some of her favorite local brunch spots and her picks look just as tasty this year as they did last. Dad’s take note and make reservations soon.
- Muffins with Mom – Sunday, May 12: Seatings at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m.; $10/person. Enjoy a Sunday brunch with your family, learn about the state insect of Alabama, the Monarch butterfly, and delight in the experience of releasing a butterfly into our open aired butterfly house. Register early as spaces are limited to 30 people per seating.
- Mommy and Me Princess Tea – Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12; $12/person (ages 4+). Enjoy tea with your little princess alongside real princesses (wink, wink) at Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theatre. Limited seatings left as of time of publication. Call 256-539-6829 to purchase tickets.
- Mommy and Me Flip Flops and Pedicures – Saturday, May 11 from 2-4PM; $85 (ages 5+). Spirited Art and Spoiled Rockin’ Kidz have teamed up to create a truly unique gift/experience for mom. An adult and child or two adults, work together to create complimenting paintings (hence the flip-flop) and also get a voucher for two pedicures at Spoiled Rockin’ Kidz. Price is per duo.
- Mother’s Day Tea – Saturday, May 11 at 4PM; $30 (pre-paid, by reservation only). This annual event at Emma’s Tea Room in the Five Points area would make a lovely treat for mom. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the link for a $5 off coupon.
Freebies for Mom
- Space and Rocket Center – Moms get in free with one paid admission from 9AM-5PM. You must mention this Mother’s Day special when you purchase tickets.
- Sci-Quest – Moms get in free to Sci-Quest on Mother’s Day. Visitors can also make a special homemade soap to take home as a present between 1 – 4PM.
- Famous Joe’s Restaurant – Moms Eat Free from 11AM-3PM.
The Mother of All Giveaways
Thanks to Huntsville Massage Professionals and Two Ladies and a Broom for helping us put together this fabulous opportunity for one of our readers. Please read Terms and Conditions for details on the prizes and redemption by the winner.
NOTE: If you’re thinking a spa package sounds like a great gift idea you’re in luck! Huntsville Massage Professionals is offering two Mother’s Day Specials:
- Package #1 – Lavender Hot Stone Massage, Cool Stone Facial, Aromatherapy Foot Soak, Fruit Tray and Herbal Tea ($135)
- Package #2 – Lavender Hot Stone Massage, Paraffin Hand & Foot
Treatment, Cool Stone Facial, Aromatherapy Foot Soak, Strawberries &
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.