Just in time for the summer, AMC Valley Bend 18 is hosting a series of first run of Sensory Friendly Movies for kids and adults on the Autism Spectrum (and anyone else who might like the volume turned down just a bit).
What’s are Sensory Friendly Movies?
A “sensory friendly” showing is a showing of the movie where the lights are dimmed, but not turned off completely, and where the volume of the movie isn’t quite as loud. In other words, this is a great time to catch a flick with anyone who thinks the movies are just a bit too loud.
You and your family will be surrounded by other families who completely understand that bouncing in the seat, laughing at a scene that ended 10 minutes ago, and watching every single word of the credits is crucially important. In other words, you’ll be among friends.
This is Matthew’s favorite place in town to catch a movie. The staff there is courteous, helpful, and understanding when, rather than watch the movie, Matthew just wants to ride the elevator a time or two!
Our accepting community is just one of the many reasons that I’m proud we live in the Rocket City. Come join Matthew and I at the movies – we’ll be sitting on the front row waiting for the credits to roll!
Sensory Friendly Movie Details
When: Saturdays at 10:00am and Tuesdays at 7:00pm
Where: AMC Valley Bend 18, 1485 Four Mile Road, SE., Huntsville, AL., 34802 (map)
Cost: Adult: $7.49, Child: $7.29, Senior $6.99 (daytime shows)
Adult: $9.79, Child: $7.29, Senior $6.99 (evening shows)
The Movie Lineup Includes:
- Saturday, 6/10/2017 (10am) – Captain Underpants
- Tuesday, 6/13/2017 (7pm) – Wonder Woman
- Saturday, 6/24/2017 (10am) – Cars 3
- Tuesday, 6/27/2017 (7pm) – Transformers: The Last Knight
- Saturday, 7/8/2017 (10am) – Despicable Me 3
- Tuesday, 7/11/2017 (7pm) – The House (Rated R)
- Saturday, 7/22/2017 (10am) – Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Tuesday, 7/25/2017 (7pm) – War for the Planet of the Apes
- Tuesday, 8/8/2017 (7pm) – The Emoji Movie
Thank you to AMC and the Autism Society of Alabama for helping to organize these showings.
You Might Also Like…
- Free & Cheap Summer Movies in Huntsville
- A Guide to Special Needs in Huntsville
- Special Needs Parenting Series on RCM