Just in time for the summer, AMC Valley Bend 18 is hosting a series of first run of Sensory Friendly Movies for kids and adults on the Autism Spectrum (and anyone else who might like the volume turned down just a bit).
What’s are Sensory Friendly Movies?
A “sensory friendly” showing is a showing of the movie where the lights are dimmed, but not turned off completely, and where the volume of the movie isn’t quite as loud. In other words, this is a great time to catch a flick with anyone who thinks the movies are just a bit too loud.
You and your family will be surrounded by other families who completely understand that bouncing in the seat, laughing at a scene that ended 10 minutes ago, and watching every single word of the credits is crucially important. In other words, you’ll be among friends.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
This is Matthew’s favorite place in town to catch a movie. The staff there is courteous, helpful, and understanding when, rather than watch the movie, Matthew just wants to ride the elevator a time or two!
Our accepting community is just one of the many reasons that I’m proud we live in the Rocket City. Come join Matthew and I at the movies – we’ll be sitting on the front row waiting for the credits to roll!
Sensory Friendly Movie Details
When: Saturdays at 10:00am and Tuesdays at 7:00pm
Where: AMC Valley Bend 18, 1485 Four Mile Road, SE., Huntsville, AL., 34802 (map)
Cost: Adult: $7.49, Child: $7.29, Senior $6.99 (daytime shows)
Adult: $9.79, Child: $7.29, Senior $6.99 (evening shows)
The Movie Lineup Includes:
- Saturday, 6/10/2017 (10am) – Captain Underpants
- Tuesday, 6/13/2017 (7pm) – Wonder Woman
- Saturday, 6/24/2017 (10am) – Cars 3
- Tuesday, 6/27/2017 (7pm) – Transformers: The Last Knight
- Saturday, 7/8/2017 (10am) – Despicable Me 3
- Tuesday, 7/11/2017 (7pm) – The House (Rated R)
- Saturday, 7/22/2017 (10am) – Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Tuesday, 7/25/2017 (7pm) – War for the Planet of the Apes
- Tuesday, 8/8/2017 (7pm) – The Emoji Movie
Thank you to AMC and the Autism Society of Alabama for helping to organize these showings.
You Might Also Like…
- Free & Cheap Summer Movies in Huntsville
- A Guide to Special Needs in Huntsville
- Special Needs Parenting Series on RCM