This Huntsville Weekend is packed full of fall fun to enjoy together! You have your pick of festivals, pumpkin patches, and more to enjoy. Find our top picks below or check out our full event calendar for even more family fun!
Make your October Spooktacular
Between fall festivals, trunk or treats, witches rides, and pumpkin patches, your October will be anything but boring! Need some help planning your month? Check out our October Fun for Kids in Huntsville article to find all the can’t miss events happening in North Alabama.
Free & Cheap Family Fun
- Ride the barrel train & catch a screening of Monster House at Sharon Johnston Park. Details
- Head to the Edgemont Neighborhood Clean Up to lend a helping hand. Details
- Enjoy a picnic dinner in Big Spring Park during Food Trucks vs. Food Trailers. Details
- Head to the Athens Cemetery Stroll to meet some of the county’s citizens of the past. Details
- Stop by Cook Museum to enjoy a special storytime during Story in the Store. Details
- Enjoy the hands-on activities during the International Observe the Moon Night. Details
- Join GrupoPLAY for a Bilingual Family Playdate in Huntsville. Details
- Head over to Lowe Mill to shop local vendors at the Outdoor Market. Details
- …and enjoy the Free Cigar Box Guitar Lessons for kids while you’re there. Details
- Tap your toes at the Fall Happy Hour Music Series with Athens Main Street. Details
- Have a fall shopping day in Downtown Hartselle during the Harvest Block Party. Details
- Enjoy food while you show for arts and crafts vendors, see the car show, and more at the Boaz Fall Festival. Details
- Head to Guntersville for the day and enjoy the fall weather at the Lake City Fallfest. Details
- Take a roadtrip to Unclaimed Baggage for Bluegrass, BBQ, and Bargains. Details
- Enjoy the live music, self-guided tours, family activities, and more at the Covered Bridge Festival. Details
- Learn about all things pregnancy, birth, & postpartum during Holistic Health for Mama & Baby. Details
- Stroll through the car show & support the Eli Williams Block Party Childhood Cancer Foundation. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Be amazed by the acrobats, aerialists, and more at the Venardos Circus at MidCity. Details
- Launch the apple blasters, hop on the pumpkin bounce, and more at Lyon Family Farms. Details
- Ride the barnyard coaster, cheer on the pig race, and more at 4D Farm. Details
- Get lost in the cornmaze and pick the perfect pumpkin at Hidden Rivers Farm. Details
- Enjoy a much-needed Parents’ Night Out while the kids have a blast at Matrix Gym. Details
- Grab your flashlight and enjoy a Scarecrow Trail Night Hike at the Garden. Details
- Hang out at the Boyd Family Farm & visit the petting zoo during their Pumpkin Days. Details
- Grab some friends and dinner then enjoy the music during Lowe Mill’s Concerts on the Docks. Details
- Meet one of the animal ambassadors at Cook Museum during a Live Animal Presentation. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities each Huntsville Weekend. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Take the fun on the road…
Out and about and need a reminder of what’s going on? Download our FREE Explore Huntsville app and you’ll our handy event calendar at your fingertips! Available for iOS and Android Devices.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.