Huntsville Weekend Roundup May 27 – 29
School is officially out and summer is in full swing this Huntsville Weekend! There’s lots of fun ways to celebrate another successful school year and to start summer out strong. Enjoy live music, check out hot air balloons, and more this weekend. Find out top picks below or check out even more family fun in our event calendar.
Make a Splash this Summer!
It’s hard to beat the simple joy of a day at the splash pad! Looking for one near you? Check out our handy splash pads and pop jets cheat sheet for all the details you need to know before you go.
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Kids & Families
Click here to see the weather this weekend
Free & Cheap Activities
- JUST $5 – Grab a picnic and head over to Lowe Mill for Concerts on the Dock. Details
- FREE – Explore the galleries at Huntsville Museum of Art’s Lowe Community Free Day. Details
- FREE – Walk among the balloons at the Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Festival. Details
- FREE – Walk through the pages of The Pout Pout Fish during Athen’s Storybook Stroll. Details
- FREE – Rock ‘n’ Roll into the weekend during Fridays After Five in Athens. Details
- FREE – Shop fresh produce at the Madison City Farmers Market or find a market near you.
- FREE – Enjoy the live music & shop local vendors at the Smith Lake Memorial Day Festival. Details
- FREE – Find exciting programs for yourself or your kids at Rocket City Sewical’s Grand Reopening. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Get ready to party at the City Lights & Stars Concert with the R&B Band, Entice. Details
- Explore Alabama with Cook Museum during their Science on the Spot program. Details
- Pan for gold during Burritt’s Treasure on Gold Mountain. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.