Huntsville Weekend Roundup February 26 – 28
There’s truly something for everyone this Huntsville Weekend! Look to the stars with the Space and Rocket Center’s newest exhibit, Dare to Explore: Milestones to Mars or be introduced to orchestra music during the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra’s free family concert. From night hikes to virtual story times, we’ve included some of our top weekend picks below. Don’t see anything for you? Be sure to check out our events calendar for a complete listing.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
Nominate your family favorites for an award from Rocket City Mom!
Now more than ever small local businesses need your support! What better way is there to offer that support than by telling a friend or neighbor how great your experience was and encouraging them to use that business? THAT’S what makes our annual Family Favorite Awards so special! Learn more and nominate your local favorites here!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- FREE – Tune in to the RCM Virtual Bookclub discussion Thursday night! Details
- FREE – Visit the Virtual Learning Expo for all things fun and educational. Details
- Take the pups on a stroll during Dog Days at the Garden. Details
- Build your own Mars Rover at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- …and check out their latest exhibit, Dare to Explore: Milestones to Mars. Details
- Take up Gardening for the Birds with the Botanical Garden’s virtual class. Details
- FREE- Catch a virtual story time with Fantasy Playhouse. Details
- FREE – Be introduced to orchestra with HSO’s Carnival of Animals Family Concert. Details
- Enjoy a hand-on insect pinning workshop at Cook Museum. Details
- Stock up just in time for tornado season during the Severe Weather Tax Holiday. Details
- Cheer on the UAH Chargers during a home hockey game. Details
- FREE – Know a family in need of pet food? Tell them about this free event. Details
- FREE – Shop for Spring looks at the Little Lambs Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Join the Eco Friendly Fridays session to learn more about naturalists. Details
- FREE – Enjoy the rock musical, Two Gentlemen of Verona. Details
- Catch up with Shrek and friends during Grissom’s breakfast theatre. Details
- FREE- Enjoy a hike in the moonlight during the Full Snow Moon Night Hike. Details
- FREE – Explore Huntsville’s Black History with these local tours and experiences. Details
- FREE – Break out the crafting supplies for these adorable lucky flower pots. Details
- FREE – Let the kids take charge of cooking with this Kids Breakfast Takeover. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- Local Ice Cream Man Receives Sweet Surprise
- Great Ways to Celebrate Black History Month in Huntsville with Kids
- Join the Family at Strickland Farm
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.