How did we get here, dear Readers? There’s only 2-3 weekends of summer fun left before school starts and parents are starting the back-to-school scramble. This weekend in Huntsville is full of outdoor movies, summer celebrations, amazing exhibits and more! If you don’t find something below to do, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff to do in the last days of summer.
- School Supply Drives: Where to Donate & Receive
- After School Care Options in the TN Valley
- RCM’s 2021 Back to School Guide
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Take this short survey about masking up at school this year. Details
- Just $5 – Enjoy special pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- Just 50¢ per ride – The Athens Kiddie Carnival is this Thursday-Saturday! Details
- FREE – Listen to a live classic rock concert in Madison this Thursday. Details
- FREE – Watch Forbidden Planet on a big screen under the stars. Details
- FREE – Visit with Santa & get on his Nice List by donating some school supplies to local kids. Details
- FREE – It’s Pick-Your-Own Flowers weekend at Isom’s Orchard. Details
- FREE – Cook Museum is hosting an animal storytime in the museum store Friday morning. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – The peaches are in at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Explore the Bethel Springs Preserve at Forest Friends on Saturday morning. Details
- FREE – CAFY’s Drive-Thru Back to School Celebration has school supplies, groceries, & more! Details
- FREE – Teens can get pointers & study tips for the ACT in this prep class. Details
- FREE – Hazel Green has a Community Crafts Show & Yard Sale this weekend. Details
- FREE – MELT Huntsville is hosting a Summer Block Party with a tropical bounce house for kids. Details
- Just $5 – Take a group roller skating lesson at Insanity Skate Park. Details
- FREE – Watch Trolls World Tour Saturday night in Big Spring Park. Details
- FREE – Go creek stomping with the kids. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Parks & Rec Month & win some #GoPlayHsv prizes. Details
- FREE – Browse the Lowe Mill A&E Outdoor Art Market on Saturday. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for their breathtaking new exhibit, Night Blooms. Details
- Jam with the Lamont Landers Band at Burritt’s City Lights & Stars. Details
- There’s Magic On the Mercury & Chase train ride & special guests this Saturday! Details
- Visit a replica of Columbus’s The Pinta at Ditto Landing. Details
- Laugh out loud with your kids at Turnip & Joletta’s Family Game Night. Details
- Meet an Animal Ambassador on Sunday at the Cook Museum in Decatur. Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s Drone exhibit & hands-on activities. Details
- See the “funniest musical comedy in at least 400 years” – Something Rotten! Details
- Visit a local water park for some cool summer fun! Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.