With frigid temperatures taking hold of North Alabama this weekend, it’s the perfect time to stream those favorite Disney ice sisters! Enjoy Huntsville High’s streamed performance of Disney’s Frozen Jr. this weekend and safely meet your favorite characters during an interactive drive-thru event. Or celebrate Valentine’s Day early with your littles with holiday themed events and activities. Check out our full event calendar for more activities happening this weekend, or browse some of our top picks below.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are really bad right now.
Nominate your family favorites for an award from Rocket City Mom!
Now more than ever small local businesses need your support! What better way is there to offer that support than by telling a friend or neighbor how great your experience was and encouraging them to use that business? That’s what makes our annual Family Favorite Awards so special! Learn more and nominate your local favorites here!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Join us online for our Virtual Learning Expo and find out all the Rocket City has to offer. Details
- Load up your pups and enjoy a day in the Huntsville Botanical Gardens for Dog Days. Details
- Explore the universe during the U.S. Space and Rocket Center‘s IDEAS Lab Activities. Details
- FREE – Join, Gilly, a Fairy Godmother in training, for an interactive virtual story time. Details
- Thaw those frozen hearts with Huntsville High’s performance of Disney’s Frozen Jr. Details
- …meet your favorite Frozen characters during a FREE drive-thru event. Details
- FREE – Join a Facebook Live for Rosa Parks’ Birthday Celebration. Details
- FREE- Enjoy a family-friendly taste of New Orleans during Mardi Gras at MidCity. Details
- FREE – Tune in for an adorable evening during the 2021 Dog Ball for GHHS. Details
- Let the kids leap into fun during the Matrix Gym’s PNO. Details
- Cheer on the UAH Chargers during a home hockey game. Details
- Print a page of Valentine’s Day cards during the Green Pea Press’ Letterpress workshop. Details
- Go on a hunt for the best local King Cake.. just watch out for that baby! Details
- FREE – Enjoy these easy Valentine’s themed crafts with your littles. Details
- FREE – Make these fun and healthy Valentine’s Day Snacks. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Rocket City Kids Explain Valentine’s Day
- Youth Sports Directory
- RecipeJoes Kids Breakfast Takeover: Weekend Waffles
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.