30 Things To Do With Kids in Huntsville & North Alabama This Fall
Fall is in the air in Huntsville and Madison County, and if you love making lasting Fall memories with your family, this is the list for you!
So bust out the pumpkin spice, pull out your cute boots from the closet, and get the whole family ready to celebrate cooler days, football season, costume making, beautiful leaves, and one of the most exciting times to be in Alabama!
1.Race Above & Beyond at USSRC.
2. Slide down the new Barnstormer Tubing Slide at 4D Farms.
3.Take a train ride through the Autumn leaves to the pumpkin patch!
4.Meet some imaginative scarecrows at the Huntsville Botanical Garden.
5.Pick a pumpkin straight from the patch & see a piggie race!
6. Step back in time at Burritt’s Folklife Festival.
7. Embrace all the fandoms at Rocket City NerdCon.
8. Take a road trip to celebrate Día de los Muertos.
9. Learn some Huntsville history at these guided historic walks.
10. Encounter the Phantom of the
11. Carve & smash at the Great Pumpkin Carving Contest.
12. Meet Lily Flagg the Cow as you stroll through the cemetery.
13. Touch-a-Truck and get fit, all in the same day!
14. Electrify Frankenstein’s monster.
15. Figure out your function at Schoolhouse Rock Live!
16. Play in the Kid’s Zone at the Madison Street Festival.
17. Let Doctor Osborne tickle your funny bone and amaze your eyes.
18. Swing to the sounds of Motown right here in the Rocket City.
19. Dance with some friendly monsters at Earlyworks this Halloween.
20. Get acquainted with some local haunts.
21. Take a day drive to look at Fall foliage.
22. Go camping at Monte Sano State Park.
23. Slurp an apple cider slushie.
24. Go jack-o-lantern hunting in Downtown Huntsville.
25. Get LIT with your whole family, literally.
26. Take a nature hike through the autumn leaves.
27. Play with ghosts at this historic playground.
28. Throw a diaper shower for an Alabama baby in need.
29. Make a playdate with your friends on a rainy Fall day.
30. Cook up some pumpkin spice cheesecake bars to share with a neighbor.
Even more Fall activities can be found in our 2017 Fall Activity Guide!
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.