The Illusionists Magically Appear in Huntsville
The world’s best-selling touring magic show, “The Illusionists – Live From Broadway“, is making a three-day stop in the Rocket City at the end of April thanks to the good people at Broadway Theatre League. RCM Readers will be thrilled to know more, and have a chance to win tickets below!
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, The Illusionists has thrilled audiences of all ages with a show featuring the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year,” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso. Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Weapon Master, Ben Blaque, has established himself as America’s foremost master of the crossbow after appearing four times on America’s Got Talent. He performs incredibly dangerous acts of dexterity using highly powerful crossbows to shoot various objects supported by his assistant.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, the British-born Goodwin is considered to be one of the most creative, skilled and craziest stunt performers in the world who has been hanged, buried alive, hung by his toes from helicopters, burned at the stake and attacked by sharks.
“The Illusionists” Show Details
Dates: April 29 – May 1, 2016 | See showtimes
Recommended for ages 7 and up
Run Time: 1 hour 50 min to 2 hours
Buy tickets online | Call 256-518-6155 for tickets
Every kid loves magic – tell us about your kid’s favorite magic trick in the comments below and you’re automatically entered to win 4 tickets to the show on Friday, April 29th at 8:00 PM. We’ll draw a winner on Wednesday, April 20th. (Be sure to enter using the email address you check often! We hate to throw back winner names because tickets go unclaimed.)
As a hyper-local website focused on all aspects of parenting in and around Huntsville, AL, and the Tennessee Valley, Rocket City Mom occasionally asks local parents to submit their stories for publication. This is part of our continual effort to represent varied viewpoints and experiences on our site. However, these articles should not be seen as necessarily expressing the views of Rocket City Mom Media Group, LLC.
Sawing a lady in hlf
My daughter loves the quarter disappearing behind the ear trick!
Mine loves a trick where he makes a toothpick “float.”
Drew really likes to do his disappearing ring trick.
My daughter likes to see her dad’s thumb magically disconnect and connect to his hand!!!
My daughter’s favorite magic tricks are the ones that she does! She loves magic shows!
My kids favorite magic tricks are the ones that they do! We love watching magic shows!
My child loves to try and figure out the magic tricks on Penn & Tellers Fool us. Card tricks and the lIke are what she us trying on us.
Mine likes when people get their minds read!
Levitation & disappearing tricks.
My boys love all magic. My oldest especially loves doing his own with cards. This would be incredible for them to see (I’d love it too)!
My daughter Taylor really loves the levitation acts!
My daughter likes to watch Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell escaping act!
Making anything disappear!
My daughter’s favorite trick is when someone disappears and reappears. My birthday is April 30th. What an awesome birthday that world be!
My boys get a kick out of disappearing/appearing coins behind the ears trick;)
Grandkids love when anything disappears;)
Watching the people disappear
People being cut in half & then put back together.
My 8 year old loves magic! His favorite trick is separating his thumb from his hand, haha!
My son loves any card trick
My kids will put on a magic show for my husband and I… “magically” making one another disappear. It is quite the show – complete with a cape and assistant!
Quarter appearing behind his ear!
My 9 year old is obsessed with magic. He has a magic kit, but his favorite to perform is putting a penny up his sleeve or between his fingers and making it “appear” in his hand.
My youngest is 2 and he likes to put a small cup or a napkin in front of his face to think he has disappeared and that we cant see him. Silly little boy!
My son loves doing the disappearing quarter behind the ear and trying to guess your card. He would love something like this. He loves to make things disappear with his magic wand.
My kids like the gross magic, like swallowing a needle and piece of thread and the magician threading the needle in their stomach.
My children love to see the pulling of a rabbit from a hat!
My kids love any escape trick!
Any magic trick and my kid is in awe!!!!
My son loves to use his “magic handcuffs”. He puts them on behind his back, steps through his arms and is able to get out of them.
My kiddo likes to hide in the couch cushions that have been stacked up and disappear/re-appear… I have to close my eyes, count to 10, say a lengthy series of magic words… The whole works!!
My kids love disappearing acts and dangerous stunts like old school Houdini stuff.
Mine love disappearing acts!!
My son loves to make a quarter disappear. He has a magic slot device that makes a quarter “disappear and reappear”.
Two people are cut in half and then switched and girl gets the guys legs !;)
We have these ‘antique’ Garfield Magic Show deck or cards from like 1987 …. found them buried in an old memory box of mine. The kids found them and love them! I am searching out ebay to see if I can find an old back up set for when these fall apart!
Put in a tank of water and having to get out.
My boys love to see someone be sawed in half
my daughter loves magic, card tricks are her favorite
My son loves magicians, he watches them on TV all the time. His favorite things to see is when something disappears/appears/reappears. Other than that, he loves a really good up close slight of hand.
Thanks for the opportunity. If he got this he would be over the moon!
Pulling a bunny out of the hat. Classic but they live animals.
Mine love any trick that involves high wore or water tanks. They say it’s scary, but amazing.