Learning Expo 2015 Fun For All Ages
At this point we’ve talked about Learning Expo enough that you probably have a pretty good idea of what to expect come Saturday. If you haven’t already, please go check out this article about our Keynote Speaker Jarrett J. Krosoczka and be sure to scroll through the Learning Expo 2015 webpage for a detailed list of speakers, workshops, and to see the full list of exhibitors.
As I see it, the only question that could possibly be lingering in your head about this upcoming (totally FREE) event is whether your family can/should spend the entire Saturday in just one place. Will my toddler have fun? Will my little kid have fun? Will my slightly older but still elementary age child have fun? Will my middle schooler enjoy it?
The answer to all of these questions is a resounding YES but let’s break it down for you.
For the Littles
If you’ve got a toddler or preschooler in tow then you’ll want to be sure to check out:
- Music Together of the Tennessee Valley Mommy & Me music class (10AM).
- Early Jarrett Krosoczka presentation (10:30AM) aimed at the slightly younger set.
- Both Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater interactive presentations on the Demo Stage at 11:30AM and again at 2:30PM.
- RCM Red Carpet where they can get pictures made with Batman from 10-11AM and with Anna and Elsa from 2:30-3:30PM. Big thanks to WOW! Parties for the help in wrangling our “celebrities”.
- Finally, a full day of family fun wouldn’t be complete without some faces coming home covered in paint thanks to Gabrielle’s Facepainting.
For the Elementary & Middle School Crowd
Your school age child will love:
- Either (or both) of Jarrett’s presentations.
- Getting a book signed by the author himself! Book signings will take place in the Davidson Center between his presentations. You can bring a few of your own from home or books will be available for purchase at the Expo. A portion of proceeds from book purchases benefit Space Camp scholarships.
- Demonstrations and performances by Appleton Afterschool Labs, Alexander’s Martial Arts, Mind Gear Labs, and Valley Conservatory. In truth, almost all day the demonstration stage will provide entertainment that will appeal to school age children.
- Stretching and breathing next to YOU during Yoga Together with Katie at 2PM.
- Taking a selfie on the RCM Red Carpet.
For the Parents
Learning Expo 2015 is shaping up to be our biggest event yet with almost 50 different exhibitors representing all manner of educational resources in the area including private schools, homeschooling covers, enrichment resources, magnet programs, tutoring services and much more. Just visiting all these tables will take a good part of the day and you’ve still got to make sure you catch all the great workshops and presentations we have in store for you. Click for full speaker schedule.
New This Year!
We’ve got a new entrance. Don’t enter through the east ground floor like in previous years. You’re better off parking in the middle of the lot in front of the Davidson Center and entering right in the middle on the upper floor. If you aim for the “n” in “Exploration” you can’t go wrong!
NOTE: While the Learning Expo is free inside the Davidson Center, you will need to pay admission if your family plans to explore the rest of the Space & Rocket Center this year – it’s one of the downsides of growing bigger. There’s plenty to entertain the whole family under the giant Saturn V, but if you decide to make a whole day of it there are some wonderful exhibits going on now at the USSRC!
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.