Huntsville Weekend Roundup September 16 – 18
This Huntsville Weekend is JAM PACKED with family fun to enjoy! Head over to a city-wide baby shower, pick the best pumpkin in the patch, score big on fall looks for less, and lots more! Find our top picks below or check out our full event calendar for even more family fun!
Plan Your Best Fall Yet
Fall is on the horizon and it’s going to be the best one yet. We’ve made it even easier to plan your perfect season with our 2022 Fall Activity Guide. From pumpkin patches to apple slushies and more, we’ve got you covered, and best yet is that you can get started this Huntsville Weekend.
Click here to see the weather this Huntsville Weekend
Free & Cheap Family Fun
- Kick off the fall season with the Opening Weekend at Hidden Rivers Farm. Details
- Grab your newly postpartum or expecting mama friends & head to Babypalooza. Details
- Snag fresh fall looks, stock up on toys, and more at the MOMsMart Fall Consignment Sale. Details
- Get your face painted, grab a snowcone, & more while helping Stomp Out Hunger. Details
- Prepare for life after high school with Rocket City Learning Center during the ACT Seminar. Details
- Wave hello to the trains & check out the fall decor at the Grant Funk Railroad. Details
- Tap your toes at the live performances and join the celebration during the Women in Music Weekend. Details
- Head to the NEACA Fall Craft Show to shop pottery, jewelry, home decor, & more. Details
- Enjoy the entertainment, food, and fun at 3rd Friday in Downtown Decatur. Details
- Stroll through Big Spring Park and enjoy a picnic dinner during Food Trucks vs. Food Trailers. Details
- Join Athens Main Street for shopping and their Fall Happy Hour Music Series. Details
- Head over to Constitution Hall Park for a free screening of The Bad Guys during Movies in the Park. Details
- Jam out to Marylyn Coffey & Rolling Jazz Revue during Lowe Mill’s Concerts on the Docks. Details
- Enjoy the greased pig chase, frog jumping contest, & more during Eva’s Frontier Days. Details
- Wind down from a busy week during Yoga by the River at Hayes Nature Preserve. Details
- Get the family together for good & volunteer together at Feed the City this Huntsville Weekend. Details
- Check out the amazing trucks, vendors, & food at the Pulaski Touch a Truck event. Details
- Shop the vendors, enjoy the live music, view the art show, & more at Hartselle Depot Days. Details
- Search for fish, turtles, rocks & more during Kids in the Creek at Bear Creek Canoe. Details
- Enjoy the kids’ activities & live music during the 3rd Annual Larry’s Day of Giving. Details
- Start the week out right in Big Spring Park during Jazz in the Park. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Take a much needed Parents’ Night Out while the kids enjoy an evening at Up a Creek. Details
- Grab your flashlight and enjoy the Scarecrow Trail Night Hike at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Details
- Swim into Huntsville High Theatre’s production of the beloved classic, The Rainbow Fish. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities each Huntsville Weekend. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Take the fun on the road…
Out and about and need a reminder of what’s going on? Download our FREE Explore Huntsville app and you’ll our handy event calendar at your fingertips! Available for iOS and Android Devices.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.