Another Huntsville Weekend is here and there’s lots of opportunities to enjoy some family fun together! Grab a coat and explore a few of the Rocket City’s natural treasures, or check out some of the indoor fun we’ve found. If you don’t find something below, you can always view our full Event Calendar for even more fun stuff!
Ringing in the New Year
Likely this last year has brought you many changes and challenges to look back on. As you prepare to welcome in the New Year, we invite you to join us in looking back, looking forward, and starting the year out right.
- New Year’s Resolutions, Parenting, & Ferris Bueller
- Make Some New Year Family Goals with Our Free Printable
- New Year’s Resolutions that have Nothing to do with Diet, Finances, or Fitness
- Bullet Journaling in the New Year
- How to Make a Family Budget You Can Stick to All Year
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions Moms Can Keep Past January
- A New Year for Special Needs Parents
- Hit the Road from Huntsville
- Ways to Organize Your Life Now
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Hike into 2022 at the First Day Guided Hike at Monte Sano. Details
- FREE – Go on the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt. Details
- FREE – Explore a mobile cave during CaveSim at Chapman Mountain. Details
- FREE – Check out these ways to play at the different Library Branches. Details
- FREE – Explore a new trail on one of these Beginner Hikes. Details
- FREE – Take the bikes for a spin at one of these Mountain Biking Trails. Details
- FREE – Join Operation Green Team in Huntsville and in Madison to clear away that Christmas clutter.
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Learn some turtley cool facts at Cook Museum’s Science on the Spot. Details
- Learn insect orders and anatomy at the Insect Pinning Workshop at Cook Museum. Details
- Enjoy a Parents’ Night Out while the kids play at Matrix Gym. Details
- Celebrate 2022 at Skating in the Park’s New Year’s Ball Drop. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.