Who else is ready for a long weekend? 🙋🏽♀️
Enjoy the extended weekend with your family without breaking the bank by checking out our top picks for fun listed below. Don’t see anything you like? Don’t give up, be sure to peruse our full event calendar for even more ideas.
Free & Cheap Fun all month long – September Edition
Free & Cheap Family Fun
- Groove to the tunes of Alan Little at the first of many fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- Have you made your picks for the fridge? Check out the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- Missing the beach? Experience the Caribbean Day at the Park in Huntsville! Details
- Take a free guided hike with your 9-12 year old on Rainbow Mountain. Details
- Ready to jam? Check out Emily Joseph Band at the County Line Road Concert Series. Details
- Music is in the air at Big Spring Park this Sunday at Jazz in the Park. Details
- Get your head out of the books and listen up… it’s time for Storytime at the Library! Details
- Art! Art! Art! All the art!!! Check out Lowe Mill A&E Outdoor Market to find that perfect piece! Details
- 3, 2, 1, and Liftoff! As we await the shuttle launch, reach for the stars at the VBAS Planetarium Shows. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Enjoy a much-needed Parents Night Out at Matrix Gym. Details
- It’s your last weekend to find Treasure on Gold Mountain. Don’t miss out! Details
- Sit back and rock while you treasure those precious butterflies at the 6th Annual Rock and Walk. Details
- Don’t be scared, the spirits won’t hurt you! Bring the entire family for Huntsville Ghost Walks. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Take the fun on the road…
Out and about and need a reminder of what’s going on? Download our FREE Explore Huntsville app and you’ll our handy event calendar at your fingertips! Available for iOS and Android Devices.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.