OK, we’re not trying to make anyone panic, but there are approximately 4-5 weekends left before school starts back. What will you do to stuff as much fun in as possible between now & then? Lucky for you, you have us! We’re all about fun, free and/or cheap things to do with kids here in Huntsville and North Alabama. Just check these lists out:
- MASTER 2021 Summer Fun Guide
- Our Summer Bucket List of 60 Things To Do
- Favorite Road Trips from Huntsville
- Water Parks, Pop Jets, & Pools
So browse our list for family fun below, and keep in mind there are even MORE awesome things to do over on our full Event Calendar!
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- Just $5 – Enjoy special pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- Just 50¢ per ride – The Athens Kiddie Carnival is this weekend! Details
- FREE – Listen to a live summer concert in Madison this Thursday. Details
- FREE – The Brass Band of Huntsville is performing a special concert. Details
- FREE – Go creek stomping with the kids. Details
- FREE – It’s Pick-Your-Own Flowers weekend at Isom’s Orchard. Details
- FREE – Cook Museum is hosting an animal storytime in the museum store. Details
- FREE – Stroll the Huntsville square downtown at the Friday Night Art Walk. Details
- FREE – While you’re there, do the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Get some fresh local peaches at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Or check out one of these other local weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- FREE – Preview the new Fall Preschool Fine Arts Club on Saturday. Details
- FREE – Students can take a free ACT Prep class at the Showers Center. Details
- FREE – Saturday’s Nature Ramp Expo includes a live raptor show! Details
- Just $5 – Take a group roller skating lesson at Insanity Skate Park. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Parks & Rec Month & win some #GoPlayHsv prizes. Details
- FREE – Browse the Lowe Mill A&E Outdoor Art Market on Saturday. Details
- FREE – Cool off at one of our favorite Alabama waterfalls. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Hop aboard and take a Flip Flop Fun Train Ride this Saturday! Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
- Learn all about bees & other pollinators at HBG’s Seeds to Sprouts program. Details
- Teens will love the hilarious Rocket City Improv show on Friday night! Details
- Take flight at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s newest installation, Uncaged: Birds, Nature, & You. Details
- Meet an Animal Ambassador on Sunday at the Cook Museum in Decatur. Details
- Tinker with all the things in the new makerspace at Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s Drone exhibit & hands-on activities. Details
- Take the kids to see Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel at the TN Valley Hunting & Fishing Expo. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.