You don’t need to pack up the minivan to the ceiling with suitcases, or spend tons of money at the beach to have fun this Spring Break.
Smaller day trips from Huntsville can be more cost-effective and less stressful than week-long vacations, and tons of fun for the whole family! We know a thing or two about the best short trips to take that are kid-friendly – we’ve reviewed 15 of them below and included our favorite tips in each link.
- Camping at Monte Sano
- Rattlesnake Saloon in Muscle Shoals
- McWane Science Center in Birmingham
- Red Mountain Park in Birmingham
- 4-D Farm in Cullman
- Explore Nashville with Kids
- Rainforest Cafe at Opry Mills
- Noccalula Falls in Gadsden *
- Cathedral Caverns State Park in Grant
- Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
- Explore Atlanta with Kids
- Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga
- Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga
- Ruby Falls in Chattanooga
- Explore Chattanooga with Kids
*Guess what? If you’re headed to Noccalula Falls be sure to stop by the Hardin Center for Cultural Arts while you’re in the neighborhood. Their new exhibit, Dinosaurs Alive! is open through August 3rd, and there are lots of combo deals between the two attractions, as well as the Imagination Place Children’s Museum.[/themify_box]
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.