Become a Contributor
RocketCityMom.com started as a way for one mom to share her experiences as a newcomer to Huntsville and help out other parents like herself. Since it’s humble start in January of 2011, it has become the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama and now reaches several thousand parents every month. So naturally, we want to cover more of the Tennesse Valley and make this site even more useful, but we need your help to do it.
Are you an opinionated parent who lives to tell others about your experiences? We need you. We are always looking for parents to share their stories in our daily blog and currently we are also in need of some local “critics”. Currently we would like to feature regular contributors to help diversify our site and better reflect ALL the different kinds of families here in Huntsville and Madison County.
We desperately need to flesh out our Mom Reviews section and need reviewers to visit, photograph, and then “review” area attractions, parks, restaurants and the like. If you are interested and expect nothing in return except heaps of praise, the occasional Mom’s Night Out invite, and maybe some RCM shwag then you are our mom!
- Basic writing ability (We’re not looking for NYTimes columnists but you need to have your grammar skills polished.)
- Your own computer with Internet access
- Tech savviness
- A decent camera and photography skills
- Must be reliable, able to meet deadlines
How to Apply
If interested email email@example.com with the following info:
- Your name
- Where you live
- The ages of your children
- A little about yourself
- Writing experience
- A sample review. Feel free to create your own style but be sure to include the general info that exists in all the reviews (i.e. address, photo(s), costs, etc.)