2017 Summer Activities and Events for Families in Huntsville and North Alabama
If you’re looking for things to do in Huntsville with your kids this summer, look no further. Need a summer camp? Check out our 2017 Summer Camp Guide for all kinds of kid-friendly structured summer fun.
Looking for children’s activities that are a little less structured and also fun, cheap, and often free? You’ve come to the right place!
- Free summer movies in Huntsville? Check.
- Free concerts in Huntsville, Madison, Decatur and Athens? Check.
- Free and cheap outdoor activities for children? Check.
- Free and cheap indoor activities for children? Check.
- Looking to cool off at the area waterparks, splashpads, or public pools? Done.
- Need to find some nearby swimming lessons before you head there? Yup, got that too.
- Searching for area festivals, carnivals and summer fairs? They’re here.
- Thinking of taking a daytrip? We’ve got some ideas, 14 of them to be exact.
- Driving cross country? Let us hook you up with sites (and moms) like us all over the country.
Basically, when you’re done reading this guide we want you to wonder “how did I ever live without this awesomeness?” When you say that we know we’ve done our job.
Oh, and with this guide at your side there is no way you’ll hear another “I’m bored”. We promise 🙂
[themify_box style=”lavender rounded” ]
A HUGE THANK YOU to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center for sponsoring this year’s Summer Fun Guide and making it possible for us to bring our readers all these great local, free and cheap activities in one place! After you’ve finished perusing this guide make sure to check out our article on their latest kid-friendly attraction and stay tuned for the return of Smart Play in July! Now kids of ALL ages can have a blast at the Rocket Center! [/themify_box]
DISCLAIMER: This guide is updated frequently throughout the summer but please verify information before attending any of these activities. Website links and phone numbers have been provided when available.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.
This is a great help! Another thing we are doing this summer is 10 weeks of service. I found an ebook that has everything planned out and ready to go. Kids can do it themselves. It is that easy. https://powerupandserve.com/summerofservice/
Looking for summer camps for 3 kids that’s fun.