Rocket City Mom turned 10 years old this fall. Ten!!! Double-digits. It’s a big deal and we’re pretty excited. For the last decade we have been able to watch Huntsville and the surrounding areas grow and develop right alongside our kids. We’ve shared all kinds of information over those ten years and we’ve been on some exciting journeys including pregnancies, infant fun, toddler wrangling, elementary anxieties, tween and now teen “developments.”
In a word, it’s been awesome.
We are so grateful to everyone who has followed us and supported us in that time. Sadly, kids do eventually grow up and now our babies aren’t babies anymore and despite what we might want in our hearts, our bodies (and husbands) are telling us that we’re gonna have to get that baby fix somewhere else from now on.
Which means we’re in the market for a writer, or two, who is in that stage of life (pregnancies, babies, toddlers) to join our crew. We’ve got big plans for 2021 and beyond and we are searching for Rocket City parents with the right skill set to help us ensure that we spend the next decade meeting ALL the needs of our readers.
Hello…Is it YOU we’re looking for?
So, you’re a mom or dad with a little one at home but are you ready to be a Rocket City Mom contributor?
- Able to attend events and activities on weekdays between 8AM-5PM.
- A strong writer with a style befitting our site.
- Work experience in the field(s) of marketing, public relations, journalism, or communications, with a strong grasp of current social media strategies for media based businesses.
- The ideal candidate will be available for full-time work although part-time will also be considered.
- This position offers flexible hours and “the office” is your home.
- Salary is commensurate with experience but is highly competitive for the market.
- Interacting with the public (post-Covid) and being on camera will be part of the job so shy people need not apply.
- This position does require coverage of activities for very young children (i.e. Mommy&Me classes) so if you don’t have legal access to a child under the age of 3, this probably isn’t the right position for you at this time. 🙂
- Photography skills will be important but nothing too fancy. Knowing your way around a good camera phone is just fine.
How to Apply
Send your resume and writing sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18, 2020. Applications will be accepted after this date on an as needed basis.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.