Christmas in Huntsville and the holiday season comes around just once a year, and parents everywhere are looking for ways to make lasting memories with their kids and families. Behold – our annual Must List includes 25 ways to do just that!
How many can you check off before the end of 2019?
- Drive through the most spectacular light show in the Southeast.
- Hunt for Santa across Huntsville & North Alabama.
- Decorate cookies with Mrs. Claus in her NEW kitchen at Santa’s Village.
- Discover that giving is better than receiving.
- Pretend you’re at “Rocketfeller Center” and go Skating in Big Spring Park.
- Then pick out your favorite tree at the Tinsel Trail in Big Spring Park.
- Or channel your inner Griswold and cut down a tree at a local Christmas tree farm.
- Lift your voice and sing along (or just listen) at a Christmas holiday concert.
- Help haunt Scrooge at “A Christmas Carol“.
- Meet a spelunking Santa at Rickwood Caverns.
- Get your Fort Battle on at this one-of-a-kind retro arcade.
- Paint a gorgeous Christmas scene with your kiddo.
- Go light hunting with this local map of Christmas light displays.
- Sing with the Sanders Family in the Old Country Church.
- Find the perfect gift at a local holiday market then DON’T cook dinner.
- Explore some natural history and fun holiday kid’s crafts.
- Make a sparkly sequined snow globe ornament with your kids… or maybe this tree kids are allowed to play with.
- Everybody loves a Christmas parade – there are 13!
- Take a stroll down Madison’s Christmas Card Lane.
- Download the Explore Huntsville app for more holiday fun on the go!
- Take a break with one of these Winter Break camps.
- Shop local for your entire list!
- Get the only Space Camp discount of the year.
- Don’t shoot your eye out at this annual show.
- Take a ride on the North Pole Express or the Santa Train.
You Might Also Like…
- The Ultimate Huntsville Holiday Happenings Guide
- RCM’s Giveaways for the Holidays
- Winter Break Camps for When School is Out
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.