Christmas in Huntsville and the holiday season comes around just once a year, and parents everywhere are looking for ways to make lasting memories with their kids and families. Behold – our annual Must List includes 30 ways to do just that!
How many can you check off before the end of 2021?
- Drive through the most spectacular light show in the Southeast.
- Hunt for Santa across Huntsville & North Alabama.
- See Santa’s life-sized snowglobe at Earlyworks Nights of Santa.
- Discover that giving is better than receiving.
- Drive up the mountain to an old-timey Christmas show with the Sanders Family.
- Pick out your favorite tree at the Tinsel Trail in Big Spring Park.
- Channel your inner Griswold and cut down a tree at a local Christmas tree farm.
- Take a night trip to see Christmas at the Falls in Gadsden.
- Help haunt Scrooge at a special performance of A Christmas Carol.
- Find the perfect gift at a local holiday market. #ShopLocal
- Lift your voice and sing along (or just listen) at a Christmas holiday concert.
- See a giant Christmas tree made of singing people!
- Look out for falling rubber chickens at Madison’s Christmas Capers.
- Find out when your city’s Christmas Parade is happening & take the kids!
- Learn about the Christmas Star at the world’s biggest space museum.
- Go light hunting with this local map of Christmas light displays.
- Start a new holiday tradition at the Rocket City Christmas Light Show.
- Get a letter from Santa while supporting a local nonprofit’s important work.
- Explore some natural history and fun holiday kid’s crafts.
- Pretend you’re at “Rocketfeller Center” and go Skating in Big Spring Park.
- Make a sparkly sequined ornament with your kids… or maybe this tree kids are allowed to play with.
- Watch a dazzling (and free!) Holiday Laser Light show.
- Take a stroll down Madison’s Christmas Card Lane.
- Take a ride on the North Pole Express or the Santa Train.
- Take a break with one of these Winter Break camps.
- Shop local & small for your entire list!
- Meet a spelunking Santa at Rickwood Caverns.
- Skate into the New Year a bit early at the Li’l Ball Drop.
- Pick a seasonal read-aloud book to read to your kids at bedtime.
- Download the Explore Huntsville app for more holiday fun on the go!
You Might Also Like…
- The Ultimate Huntsville Holiday Happenings Guide
- RCM’s Giveaways for the Holidays
- Winter Break Camps for When School is Out
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.