The dogwoods and tulip trees are in bloom and the daffodils can be found in clusters all over North Alabama. The clocks have sprung forward. Spring has come to Huntsville! You know what that means – it’s time to see how many things your family can cross off our Must List. Even if you don’t do all 26 things we guarantee you’ll have a blast trying!
1. Watch a movie in a state-of-the-art theater.
2. Boogie by the back dock.
3. Snuggle with baby animals at the farm.
4. Pan for gold in Huntsville hills at Burritt.
5. Become a Super Kid and save the world.
6. Pet a cute baby goat and watch a raptor show.
7. Wake a slumbering princess.
8. Take a hike through the wildflowers.
9. Be entertained by a compulsive liar that also happens to be a wooden toy.
10. Slide on your lederhosen and swig a stein under the Saturn V.
11. Ride the rails with Peter Cottontail.
12. Have a Good Day at Lowe Mill.
13. Be astounded by a high-leaping cowboy from Huntsville Ballet.
14. Suck a mud bug and dance the zydeco.
15. Ooh and aaah over the fireworks and celebrate The Arts in Huntsville.
16. Sample the Spring strawberries.
17. Paddle the Big Spring Canal.
18. Find The Bunny.
19. Explore Huntsville on a free guided tour.
20. Transport yourself to the surface of our closest planetary neighbors.
22. Watch the wonder of a hot air balloon festival.
23. March for babies’ health & help save some lives.
24. Celebrate one of the COOLEST birthdays in Huntsville.
25. Interact with a bassoon at Opus Tadpole.
Stephenie has worked with and around books and authors for over 12 years, both at retail booksellers and public libraries. She is a rare Huntsville native, mother of two high-energy boys, wife of one, and eerily addicted to community volunteering. When she's not being the Managing Editor for RCM she likes to stalk her favorite authors online, cook with way too much butter, and also manages to conduct freelance marketing and PR work.