Cha-la-kee means “those who live in the mountains”, but for over 61 years this summer camp on the shores of Guntersville Lake has been a destination for kids all over north Alabama. With its many options for a variety of ages, Camp Cha-La-Kee is the perfect summer camp for your kid to try this year!
Camp Cha-La-Kee Details
Grades or ages of Campers: Day Camp (6-12), Overnight Camp (8-14), Mini Overnight Camp (5-12)
Camp Cha-La-Kee Mini Camps are a great way for new campers and younger children to try camp out for the first time!
Is transportation provided to camp?
There is a day camp shuttle service option to camp from Huntsville and Madison if needed. Pick up is each day of camp from the Hogan YMCA in Madison and the Southeast Huntsville YMCA.
Camp dates: Weekly sessions run from June 4th through July 27th, 2018.
Day Camps are Monday-Friday, Overnight Camps are Sunday-Saturday with the exception of the week of July 4. Mini-Camps that week July 1-3 and July 5-7.
What is the average cost of camp?
YMCA Members receive discounted pricing! (with the exception of drop-off camp)
- Day Camp (drop off directly at camp): $160 Y Members and Community
- Day Camp with Daily Shuttle Service from Huntsville and Madison: $210 Y Members or $245 Community
- Overnight Camp (6-night): $450 Y Members or $625 Community
- Mini-Camp (2-night): $180 Y Members or $215 Community
Religious affiliation: Non-denominational Christian camp
What kinds of activities are offered at Camp Cha-La-Kee?
All activities offered are safe, age-appropriate, and supervised at all times.
Day Camp Activities are pre-set and include:
- Arts & crafts
- Canoes & kayaks
- Field games
- Ga-Ga Ball
- Giant swing
- Home in the woods
- Horseback riding (additional charge)
- Low ropes/team building
- Swimming pool
- Waterfront inflatables (The Blob, Aqua Trampoline, Saturn)
Overnight Camp Activities are more open for campers to select and include all of the above, PLUS:
- Paddle Boarding
- High & Low Ropes
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Drama & Skits
Are there camp scholarships available to eligible families?
Yes! Contact the Camp Director for details. Laura Weeks, firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-571-2494.
Read more Summer Camp Spotlights on Rocket City Mom HERE.
You Might Also Like…
- Summer Camp Guide to North Alabama
- 2018 VBS Programs in Madison County
- Local Neighborhood Guide to Huntsville