- Special spring train rides in April & May 2022
- Three different excursions to choose from!
All aboard! Spring is a beautiful season here in Huntsville, and one of our favorite ones because there’s so much to do! Definitely be sure to add the North Alabama Railroad Museum to your Spring Must List if you have a young train enthusiast. They offer three different train rides through the countryside, and if you act fast you can snag seats on all three this spring.
Amazing opportunity to see old trains in operation! Kids of all ages love coming here and watching the sights as the train moves down the track. The holiday-themed rides are really fun too. The people working there really know their stuff! – Katherine H.
Special Spring Train Rides at the North Alabama Railroad Museum
Spring Fling Special
Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate by riding the rails ! Enjoy the North Alabama scenic beauty as nature comes back to life. Don’t forget to bring your camera to document the fun as well ! This is a full length, 10 mile train ride lasting over an hour.
Date/Time(s): April 2 at 10:00 AM & 1:00 PM
Cost: $10-15 for all passengers | Buy Tickets
Peter Cottontail Express
Read the RCM Parent Review before you go!
Since their inaugural Peter Cottontail Express was such a resounding success, the North Alabama Railroad Museum has decided to start off every season that way. The children get to visit with Peter Cottontail and his helpers and parents will be able to take their picture together before they get on the train or while they are on the train. All the youngsters will get a special treat from Peter Cottontail before the day is done. These shorter, leisurely rides last approximately forty minutes. VIP Sleeper Coach, private suites, and roomettes available
Date/Time: Saturday, April 16 at 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM
Cost: $20 for all passengers | Buy Tickets
Mother & Son Special Train Ride
In tribute to moms we present our Mother’s Day special train trips. Who can say no to those great moms? Make her proud by treating her to a wonderful train ride (and a special flower). Have her picture made beside the front of the locomotive. Make mom feel special and make some great memories at the same time! This is a full length, ten mile train ride lasting over an hour. VIP Sleeper Coach, private suites, and roomettes available
Date/Time: Saturday, May 7 at 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Cost: $10-15 | Buy Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About North Alabama Railroad Museum
– Passengers should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure times.
– To order tickets by phone, please call the Chase depot 256-851-6276 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 8PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM, and Sunday 1PM to 6 PM to speak to an operator.
– Any seats remaining or any unclaimed seats will be sold at 5 minutes before scheduled departure on a first come / first served basis at the ticket counter.
– For all regular train rides, babes in arms (not requiring a seat) ride for free. For special train rides (Peter Cottontail, Punkin’ Pickin’ Extravaganza, North Star Limited and the Santa Train), every rider, regardless of age, must have a ticket. These special train rides are specifically intended for families with children. All children must be accompanied by an adult on all train rides.
– No food or drink is permitted on the train. Remember, you’re riding in classic antiques.
– If you bring a baby stroller you will be asked to store it nearby before boarding the train for the ride.
– Wheelchair spaces are available in car 1000, so please be aware of this when you purchase your tickets as this car is not always on the train (for example the Santa Train rides). When you buy your tickets you will be asked to specify if it is for a wheelchair space (only 2 wheelchair spaces are available per train ride).
– Train operations require the use of loud whistles that may startle very young children and there are safety considerations around trains and heavy equipment, therefore we ask that you keep young children close by your side and under supervision.
– The museum’s volunteer staff is present each Wednesday and Saturday until 1:30 or 2:00 p.m. to assist visitors. The museum is also open by special appointment. Visitors may take a free self-guided tour and there are tour sheets and museum brochures in the waybill box located on the north side of the depot.
To get the full 411 about all that is happening in and around the Tennessee Valley this fall including information on Spring Break Camps, Spring Festivals, Live Shows & Music and more, then mosey on over to the full 2022 Spring Activity Guide. Then be sure to share the scoop with your friends so you’ll see familiar faces when you are out and about in Huntsville and North Alabama this spring season.
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.