Blended learning. Digital learning. E-learning. Schooling From Home. Whatever you call it, it’s here and we better get used to it. Area students and teachers in Huntsville and Madison County are figuring out how to keep classes going during this time of quarantine, and parents are trying to stay on top of the change. We’ve seen a lot of questions about the process and hope this list of resources can help!
Schooling at Home in Huntsville & Madison County
Huntsville City Schools, AL
- Blended Learning Frequently Asked Questions for HCS
- Students can tune in to the HCS ETV lessons (you can watch directly on ETV or play recorded video from the website)
- We love their “Nine Tips for Parents” included in the Overview!
Madison City Schools, AL
- Madison City Schools Academic Guide During Covid-19 – teachers will assign work via email and/or Google Classroom
- Frequently Asked Questions for MCS
Madison County Schools, AL
- All lesson plans for each grade will be uploaded to the Digital Backpack
- Supplemental work & web links are also provided by Madison County Schools
- Check out their great list of Virtual Field Trips!
About Grades & IT Issues…
Q.) Will my student’s work be graded?
Huntsville City Schools – Yes. All student work will be graded.
Madison City Schools – No. But e-learning is required to keep your student from falling behind academically. Middle and high school students do have the option to be graded.
Madison County Schools – No. But e-learning is required to keep your student from falling behind academically.
Q.) What if my student has a problem? Who should I call?
Most teachers will be hosting daily office hours to engage with students and families. Office hours will be shared by your student’s teacher. Teachers are asked to reply by the end of the day at the latest. If you aren’t getting a response from your teacher, contact your school principal.
Huntsville City Schools IT Helpdesk – 256-428-6900
Tech Support Email for Madison City Schools – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Madison County Schools – email@example.com
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.