There are myriad reasons why I like Huntsville but right at the top are all the wonderful people I have met in this diverse town. Many of the most interesting are the writers I’ve met through the Rocket City Bloggers group. This group, started by Carol Marks, meets once a month and the camaraderie amongst the group is a welcome addition to a type of writing (blogging) that can often be very lonely.
Because I offered to host this month’s blog carnival (each writer agrees to focus on a specific topic) the subject is “Family”. I encourage you to take the time to read each author’s submission. All of these authors are local, some have been featured in RCM before, and I think you’ll find the different takes on this familiar subject make for some great reading. Enjoy!
- Sarah Lena shares a moving story of preschool bullying and how it affected her entire family in How Many Ways Can My Heart Break? posted at The Anvil Tree, saying, “Things are better now, but MAN. This was a hard, hard time.”
- Carly Jordan pays a loving tribute to her parents in Day 4: The Parentals | CutieNews posted at CutieNews.
- David Hitt contemplates family lineage and mortality in To Praise A Soul’s Returning To The Earth posted at stories in my pocket, saying, “My family recently scattered my grandfather’s ashes according to his wishes, and I felt the weight of carrying his name.”
- Joe Martin thinks about his list of important lessons to relay to his son in Raising boys, what do you want them to know? posted at Joe Martin Fitness.
- Ty Fauscett shares his vision and version of family and ruminates on how the bonds of family can be formed in unconventional ways in Dragonfire Online | Family posted at Dragonfire Online.
- Suzanne Haggerty makes a strong case for placing value on those heirlooms that no one but you would want anyway in Choose your own heirlooms posted at Entirely Adequate, saying, “You may be surprised how much the most ridiculous things will mean to you in the long run.”
- Russell Winn like any proud father, shares his daughter’s video “My Brother” posted at Geek Palaver.
- Courtney Fern relishes the excitement of a first pregnancy in Plus one equals 5 posted at Twirling on Tiptoes.
- Heather McIngvale from Heather’s Hints gives us the important information that every mom needs to know – How to Get Diapers and Wipes For Free!