Just a drive down the road, find the BlueCross Healthy Place at Huntland, TN City Park
- About an hour away.
- Has options for toddlers to teens
- 100 Monroe Ln., Huntland, TN
If your kids have worn out all the local playgrounds in your area, here’s a new spot you may not know about. The BlueCross Healthy Place at Huntland is just across the Alabama-Tennessee state line. This playground is a wonderful option for those who would like to venture out and try a new playground, particularly anyone living in northeast Madison County. My daughter played non-stop for an hour and a half and still didn’t want to leave!
BlueCross Healthy Place Park At-a-Glance
Location: 100 Monroe Ln., Huntland, TN 37345 (Map)
BlueCross Healthy Place Park Amenities:
Two separate playgrounds, fitness equipment, basketball court, slides, picnic tables, shade for caregivers, water fountain, pavilion with bleachers, and grills.
The majority of the playground is fenced in and has a wonderful mix of accessible equipment for children of all abilities. The equipment ranges from toddlers to teens. Yes, I said teens as there is outdoor fitness equipment and a full basketball court. Two separate playgrounds are located next to each other, one designed for ages 2-5 and the other is for 5-12-year olds. Both playgrounds have ample play structures, varying heights for slides, and areas for climbing and exploring. Included in the shared space is a high back merry-go-round and a high back four-person seesaw. The swing section includes an expression swing tandem, adaptive swing seats, baby/toddler seats and traditional seats.
The outdoor fitness area includes equipment for cardio, core and balance exercises. The full-size basketball court is beautiful and boasts adjustable, regulation goals. It even has spare basketballs lying around for anyone who didn’t bring their own. Next to the basketball court is a pavilion with bleachers, picnic tables and grills. A walking track surrounds the playground, basketball court and pavilion. The playground area is nicely shaded and has a few picnic tables and other seating, as well as a water fountain and garbage cans. The large parking lot is directly in front of the BlueCross Healthy Place at Huntland entrance. This playground is a true gem, and we cannot wait to go back.
Know Before You Go
BlueCross Healthy Place Park at Huntland has a lot to offer for southern Tennessee and North Alabama families, or even just those that are looking for new scenery. Here’s a few tips to make your visit better:
- Near the swing set is a small, white building, these are the restrooms, there is a women’s with a changing table inside and a men’s restroom.
- This is a low-traffic park but still keep an eye on little one’s since it is only partially fenced in.
- The nice wide sidewalk encircling the area makes it ideal for tricycle and scooter riding.
- Make sure to bring snacks and drinks, as there are wonderful shaded areas to sit down and have a picnic.
- Pay attention to local traffic, on occasion, have witnessed horse drawn wagons on the surrounding roads.
- Google Maps takes you to the basketball court and pavilion, doesn’t quite take you all the way to the entrance of the playground but you can still see it clearly. The Moore Memorial Cemetery lies right next to the playground with the Huntland Softball Complex on another side.
You Might Also Like…
Born and raised in Pasadena, CA, I now call Alabama home. While growing up, my parents loved exploring and traveling and so I am always on the lookout for new places to explore with my family (if I’m not behind the desk being an auditor). I have three wonderful children, ages 2, 9, and 13, a wonderful husband, a turtle and a cat. Life is precious and short. I love the saying “we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”