Is it just me or is it starting to feel a little cooler and little more like fall outside? If you’re looking to get out, you’re in luck this Huntsville Weekend! From art festivals to hikes and more, there’s something for the entire family to enjoy. Find our top picks below or check out our full event calendar for even more family fun! Just be sure to check for weather cancellations before you head out – looks like we’re in for a wet weekend.
Free & Cheap Fun all month long – September Edition
Free & Cheap Family Fun
- Stroll around the Courthouse Square and browse local vendors at the Friday Night Art Walk. Details
- Grab something tasty for dinner at Big Spring Park during Food Trucks vs. Trailers Rallies. Details
- Join Athens Main Street & enjoy the live music at the Fall Happy Hour Music Series. Details
- Enjoy Fall Movies in the Park & catch Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. Details
- Lend a helping hand & join Operation Green Team for the Sherwood Park Cleanup Day. Details
- Check out the local vendors & browse the art at Lowe Mill’s Outdoor Market. Details
- Learn about the science behind sound during the Free Cigar Box Guitar Lessons for Kids. Details
- Tap your toes to the Good Vibe Tribe during the County Line Road Concert Series. Details
- Groove to the music during Jazz in the Park at the Orion Amphitheater. Details
- Go on an adventure with Black Kids Adventures Inc. at the Monte Sano Nature Preserve. Details
- Get your heart pounding with a family-friendly workout at the Huntsville City Wide Boot Camp. Details
- Pick a peck of apples at Scott’s Orchard and jump on the bounce pillow. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Grab your PSL and take stroll through the Scarecrow Trail at Huntsville Botanical Garden. Details
- Make a splash on the giant slip ‘n’ slides during Slide Out of Summer at Ditto Landing. Details
- Head to John Hunt Park to enjoy live music and great food at WhistleStop. Details
- Join the Huntsville Ghost Walk to hear stories about Huntsville’s past. Details
- Jam to John Onder & Sylvia Dean during the Fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- Check out the regional artists at the Monte Sano Art Festival. Details
- Get ready for the big day during Huntsville Hospital’s Weekend Childbirth Class. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Take the fun on the road…
Out and about and need a reminder of what’s going on? Download our FREE Explore Huntsville app and you’ll our handy event calendar at your fingertips! Available for iOS and Android Devices.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.