We’re living for these apple slushie weekends here at my house, and this one looks fantastic! Huntsville area families have so many choices to get out and do something fun (and socially distant!) and we’ve listed our favorites for your consideration below. Of course, you can also browse our full Event Calendar if you need even more ideas. Be sure to download the free Explore Huntsville app to get all the best RCM info on the go.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- It’s not too late for a spontaneous Labor Day Family Getaway! Details
- Enjoy USSRC‘s newest series, the I.D.E.A.S. Lab this weekend. Details
- Or explore the skies in your own backyard at the Intuitive Planetarium on Friday. Details
- Grab a rare Date Night sans kids thanks to this PNO at The Matrix. Details
- Get some delicious grub for dinner at the North Hsv Food Truck Rally. Details
- Saturday is the first day of Festifall at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Details
- Listen to a retro-funk concert in your car at Lowe Mill Friday night. Details
- Watch Ferris Bueller get a day off at the free Saturday night MidCity Drive-In movie. Details
- Or… head to a double feature at the Scottsboro Drive-In Movie. Details
- Play with cool toys and then take them apart at the Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Monday is Opening Day for apple-picking at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- It’s also opening weekend for Huntsville Ghost Walks! Details
- Grab some fresh summer produce at various weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- Take the kids to play some free disc golf around town. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.