Staying home as much as possible in July is the key for a smoother school reopening for all our local school systems this Fall. It’s also a great reason to mask up if you do choose to go out. For real. That said, we’ve listed some of our favorite things for families to do this weekend below that are socially-distant, cost-efficient, and fun.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- Have a picnic in one of the most beautiful places in Huntsville. Details
- Check out this pop-up storytime Thursday morning at Palmer Park in Madison. Details
- Explore all the new exhibits at Earlyworks Museum‘s grand re-opening. Details
- Take the Cold Treat Summer Challenge and win free ice cream! Details
- Get your jam on at Lowe Mill’s Concerts In the Car series. Details
- Read your favorite Black authors at this Family Read-In for Social Justice. Details
- Channel your kid’s inner Picasso with these take-away art kits for kids. Details
- Soak in some history with the family at Constitution Hall Park on Saturday morning. Details
- Grab the SPF and go creek-stomping. Details
- Or your rod & reel and go fishing at these kid-friendly spots. Details
- Work on this awesome Huntsville Summer Bucket List. Details
- Get your fill of homemade peach ice cream at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- Cool off in one of the splashpads and parks but check their new safety guidelines first! Details
- The Huntsville Botanical Garden is also open – be sure to read the new rules before heading out. Details
- Get your fill of fresh fruit and veggies by shopping at various local Farmers Markets. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your email inbox each week!
Follow us on Instagram to see some awesome #HsvSummerFun!
In Case You Missed It…
- When is the Back-to-School Tax Free weekend in July?
- Drive-in movies are all the rage in the Tennessee Valley
- Where to kayak & canoe with kids in the Greater Huntsville area
- Our family had Covid & didn’t know it: the case for masks
HEY – READ THIS DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.