With many families traveling for Fall Break this Huntsville weekend, it’s the perfect time to visit a Fall farm when it’s bound to be less crowded. You can also get a head start on those costumes for less at the brand new Goodwill store, or pick up a few more plants at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. If you don’t find something below, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff!
2021 Halloween Haunts and Spooky Season Fun
Halloween is just around the corner and we’ve rounded up all the fun for your spooky season over in our Fall Fun Guide. Find the best places for Trick or Treating or Trunk or Treating, check out some Halloween special events, and enjoy some costume inspiration. Be sure to tell your friends about this list!
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Check out the children’s area in the brand new South Huntsville Library branch. Details
- FREE – Shop Halloween looks for less during the new Alabama Goodwill’s Grand Opening. Details
- FREE – Groove to Carly Moffa at Lowe Mill’s Fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- FREE – Tap your toes at the South Huntsville BBQ & Bluegrass Festival. Details
- FREE – Go pumpkin bowling and catch live music at the Lake City Fallfest. Details
- FREE – Obsess over the Fall Plant Sale at HBG and pick up a few new plants. Details
- FREE – Stroll downtown and shop local vendors at the Friday Night Art Walk. Details
- FREE – Catch a showing of Coco at Fall Fridays Movies in the Park. Details
- FREE – Play a round of putt-putt around the square at the DHI’s Downtown Open. Details
- FREE – Take a Free Guided Fall Walking Tour of the Old Town District. Details
- FREE – Cuddle adoptable kittens with Feline Fanciers at Cross Eyed Owl. Details
- FREE – Shop Athens Kids Mart to find new looks for less as the seasons change. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Enjoy an out-of-this-world hunt for Huntsville’s Space Murals. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Enjoy the nostalgia of the center ring with Venardos Circus at MidCity. Details
- Visit the Space & Rocket Center for World Space Week. Details
- Get ready for spooky season and go on a Huntsville Ghost Walk. Details
- Visit Lyon Family Farms to pick a pumpkin and watch some fireworks. Details
- Ride the kiddie coaster at 4D Farms before picking your pumpkin. Details
- Get lost in the 6-acre corn maze at Hidden River Farm. Details
- Have a Huntsville staycation for less $$$ with the new Rocket City Kids Pass. Details
- Stroll through the Scarecrow Trail at HBG’s Festifall Celebration. Details
- 10 Creative Halloween Looks for Less
- New South Huntsville Library Opens
- 20 Things to Do This Fall with Kids in the Rocket City
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website started in 2010 by a "New to Huntsville" mom who was searching for an information hub of all things family/parenting related for Huntsville. When she didn't find it. She created it. The site now boasts two owners, a managing editor, a dedicated calendar guru, and more than a dozen local parent contributors that help to make the site the #1 resource for all things family in Huntsville and North Alabama.