Buckle up your seat belts, folks. From here on out every weekend in Huntsville is going to be action packed! We love Halloween fun, and there’s plenty of the free & cheap variety here for your family. Be sure to download the free Explore Huntsville app to get all the best RCM info on the go. Be smart – don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer!
A Little Housekeeping Note…
We’ve decided to spend a lot less time on our Facebook Page and more time in friendlier & less toxic social spaces. (I think we could all use that, amiright?) If you don’t want to miss anything, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter, follow us on Instagram, or join our Super Reader Group. We’ve got some giveaways planned there and we don’t want you to miss them!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Pick a local Pumpkin Patch or Corn Maze to visit! Details & List
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for Festifall & the Scarecrow Trail. Details
- While you’re there, stop by the HBG Fall Plant Sale for some great green deals. Details
- Last chance! Pop-Up Parks are on the Square in downtown Huntsville, and they’re free! Details
- Get a jump on your holiday gift-giving at the virtual Taste of the Holidays Market. Details
- The annual Athens Storytelling Festival is also virtual this year & happening on Saturday. Details
Watch the Blossomwood Witches Ride through their new route downtown. Details The Witches ride has been rescheduled to October 31 due to weather.
- Learn all about amazing arachnids at Cook Museum’s Spider Special! Details
- Spirited Art is having a Moving Sale – check out all their deals! Details
- Celebrate Fall & support adoption and foster programs at this annual Fall Festival. Details
- Rocket City Arcade is hosting their annual Free Video Game Day! Details
- Bring your furry family in costume to Barks & Boos at Campus 805. Details
- Wrap up Huntsville Art Week with this Halloween “Block” Party! Details
- Melt Huntsville is hosting a free Fall Festival on Saturday. Details
- There will be cool cars, food trucks, & music at the BJHS Band Car Show. Details
- Fireworks, live music, & Young Frankenstein will be at the MidCity District’s Land Trust Day. Details
- Grab a pumpkin and some fresh Fall produce at various weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- Enjoy USSRC’s newest series, the I.D.E.A.S. Lab on Saturday. Details
- Play with cool toys and then take them apart at the Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Rev up your engines on the ATV Halloween Trail in Elkmont Saturday & Sunday. Details
- Scare your friends & explore historic places Fri-Sun on a Huntsville Ghost Walk! Details
- Do some early Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treating at Cove Church locations. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at [email protected]. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- To Trick-or-Treat or not to Trick-or-Treat?
- Huntsville’s Ultimate Birthday Party Planning Guide
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Guide to Huntsville
- Here’s Where Kids Eat Free Every Day of the Week in Huntsville
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.