Huntsville Weekend Roundup November 20-22
Who’s ready for a fun-filled socially-distant weekend in Huntsville? As always, we listed our favorite things to do with your kids & family below. Just remember to be smart – don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer if you feel you must go out at all.
Check our HUGE Holiday Happenings Guide so you don’t miss something important. Our full Event Calendar also has more activities happening in Huntsville this weekend if you don’t see anything below that suits your fancy. Be sure to download the free Explore Huntsville app to get all the best RCM info on the go.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- #Ugh2020: Skating In the Park has been delayed due to the rink’s ice melting. Details
- Squee! Galaxy of Lights Walking & Dog Nights continue this weekend! Details
- Be the first to see the new Rocket City Spectacular light show at Toyota Field. Details
- Listen to a good book at Madison Library’s Outside Storytime this Friday. Details
- Start menu planning Thanksgiving Dinner with our favorite recipes. Details
- Learn how to land a space shuttle at the INTUITIVE Planetarium on Friday. Details
- Play with cool toys & the new water table at Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Who’s Larry and why should you join her at Larry’s Day of Giving? Find out. Details
- There’s a Kid’s Cooking Class at the Calvary Hill Community Center on Friday. Details
- It’s the last Saturday Madison Farmers Market of the season! Details
- Go on a gorgeous Fall Foliage Hike with your family. Details
- … Then do this awesome Leaf Rubbing Craft for your Thanksgiving table! Details
- Summit Crossing’s annual Advent Market is this Saturday. Details
- There are lots of local Holiday Markets kicking off the gifting season this weekend. Details
- Lowe Mill is hosting the family-friendly Cigar Box Guitar Festival on Saturday. Details
- Learn some new Farsi words at Bilingual Storytime at The Camp. Details
- The Madison Library is giving out free Thanksgiving kid’s crafts to go this weekend. Details
- Sunday’s Greene Street Holiday Market is a chance to find something delicious for your table. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- What’s So Great About Trader Joe’s?
- Huntsville’s Ultimate Birthday Party Planning Guide
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Guide to Huntsville
- Here’s Where Kids Eat Free Every Day of the Week in Huntsville
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.