It’s Mother’s Day this Huntsville Weekend, and there’s lots of ways to get out and enjoy some special time together. From train rides to butterfly releases and more, you have options for every type of mama this weekend. Find some of our favorite picks below or check out our full event calendar to find even more fun things to do.
Need some quick last minute gifts for Mom? Here are some of our local favorites!
If you’re on the hunt for some quick gifts mom will love we’ve got you covered. Check out these simple crafts or find some of our local favorites below.
- Visit Holtz Leather Co. to make a candle for or with mom. As a special bonus, they’re offering a BOGO 50% off on their candle bar through May 7. Learn more and make reservations here.
- Make your very own flower bouquet like the one above and throw in a membership to the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Memberships can be purchased online for an after hours save.
- Stop by Josie’s Gift Shop after visiting Burritt on the Mountain and find something she’ll love. Or check out a membership for a gift that keeps giving.
- Visit Color Me Mine to create a handmade item mom will treasure. You can find some tips on what to expect here.
- No one wouldn’t want a box of goodies from Pizelle’s Chocolate at Lowe Mill
- Grab Mom an Eggbeater Jesus shirt from Fow Wow for Mother’s Day
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Kids & Families
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Join Operation Green Team & lend a hand at the Ditto Landing Cleanup Day. Details
- FREE – Bring home a new adventure during the Free Comic Book Day at Haven Comics. Details
- FREE – Shop fresh produce at Madison City Farmers Market or find a market near you.
- FREE – Enjoy the kids’ games and live music at the Cullman Strawberry Festival. Details
- FREE – Dance to the music at PorchFest FivePoints & enjoy the food trucks. Details
- FREE – Grab your helmet & join the Mayor & HPD for the Annual Mayor’s Bike Ride. Details
- FREE – Browse local vendors at the GALS Sponsored Spring Vendor & Craft Fair. Details
- FREE – Fight for the health of moms and babies at the North Alabama March for Babies. Details
- FREE – Connect & learn at the Homeschool Curriculum Show & Share. Details
- FREE – Slow down and take in the scenery during Yoga by the River. Details
- FREE – Enjoy a mommy & me workout at FIT4MOM Madison’s Mother’s Day event. Details
- JUST $3 – Visit with the hedgehogs & sugar gliders at the Exotic Pet Expo. Details
- JUST $2 – Make new petting zoo friends during the Strawberry & Antique Festival. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Climb aboard the Mother & Son Train Ride and enjoy a ride & flowers to celebrate mom. Details
- Enjoy an evening of live music from Calypso Vision during the City Lights & Stars Concert. Details
- Join Burritt on the Mountain to Explore History: Native Americans of Alabama. Details
- Sing “Happy Birthday” to Cook Museum’s Mexican Alligator Lizard during their birthday bash. Details
- Have a purrrfect day & support Cattyshack during the Rocket City Kittypalooza. Details
- Join the magic of the Butterfly Release at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Details
- Have a berry good time picking Farm Fresh Strawberries in North Alabama. Details
- Visit Concerts on the Docks for an evening of live music and family fun. Details
- Enter a whole new world during Madison Academy’s production of Aladdin, Jr. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.