Home » Huntsville Weekend Roundup May 29-31
Hey all you cool cats and kittens! We’ve got another fun weekend ahead and whether you want to stay close to home or venture out into the community, we hope you do so safely and that you wear a mask when you can’t distance yourself from strangers. It doesn’t protect you but it might protect them and that’s protecting all of us.
Speaking of…do you have one minute to answer one question about your family’s activity level? We’re taking a poll of RCM readers to get a feel for how our community is currently experiencing the Safer at Home order. We’d appreciate your time.
Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- The Space and Rocket Center is open for visitors starting this Saturday. Details
- Burritt on the Mountain reopened last weekend and the Whimsical Woods is calling. Details
- The Huntsville Botanical Garden is open but be sure to read the new rules before heading out. Details
- Arts Huntsville is offering their Summer Street Jams series (Fridays and Saturdays) around downtown Huntsville. Details
- Campus 805 has another weekend of live music as part of their Summer Sessions Live on the Patio series. Details
- Huntsville City opened splashpads and parks this week but the rules are slightly new so if that’s in your plans for weekend check our post of first. Details
- Celebrate the beginning of summer with a refreshing peach slushie at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- Join us Thursday night for our book club’s virtual discussion of Midnight at the Blackbird Café with author Heather Webber. Details
- Feel like doing a little painting this weekend? Our friends at Spirited Art are continuing their popular take home kits all summer. Details
- If you prefer to buy your art but don’t want to get out of the car, consider Lowe Mill’s drive-thru artist market happening Saturday. Details
- Are you taking a hike this weekend? We’ve got a great list of kid-friendly trails but be sure to look out for poison ivy. Details
- Get your fill of fresh fruit and veggies by shopping at various local Farmers Markets. Details
- Take a bike ride with Mayor Battle this Saturday. BYOFM. Details
- Enjoy a virtual workout this Saturday AM (that will feel very real when you’re done) thanks to Healthy Huntsville. Details
- There’s a blood drive and Covid-19 screening/antibodies testing happening this Sunday over at First Missionary Baptist Church. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
In Case You Missed It…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.