- 10 free/cheap things to do with kids this weekend, plus 5 activities totally worth the money.
Another Huntsville Weekend is here and it’s sure to be magical! Check out the Harry Potter weekend at EarlyWorks, visit a splash pad, or Slide into Summer at Ditto Landing. Find out top picks below or check out even more family fun in our event calendar.
Make a Splash this Summer!
Here at Rocket City Mom, we love a good infographic and all things summer. That’s why we teamed the two up to make the ultimate North Alabama Water Parks cheat sheet. Which one has a lazy river? How about a kiddie area? A diving board? We got it all covered so you can do less planning and have more fun!
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Kids & Families
Free & Cheap Activities
- FREE – Start the weekend early at 3rd Thursdays in Downtown Madison. Details
- JUST $5 – Pack a picnic and enjoy the live music at Concerts On the Docks. Details
- FREE – Check out the cars & enjoy the food at 3rd Fridays in Downtown Decatur. Details
- FREE – Join Operation Green Team at the South Huntsville Clean Up Day. Details
- JUST $5 – Slide into Summer at Ditto Landing with giant slip & slides and more. Details
- FREE – Cool down and make a splash at a local pop jet pad. Details
- FREE – Join Readers Reaching Out for a trailhead clean-up day. Details
- JUST $5 – Enjoy the night sky with your family at the Planetarium Shows with VBAS. Details
- FREE – Check out the hot rods and hogs at the Asbury Car & Bike Show. Details
- FREE – Shop fresh produce at the Madison City Farmers Market or find a market near you.
- FREE – Enjoy a moderate hike with the Land Trust of North Alabama. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Enjoy a magical day at EarlyWorks during Harry Potter: Mischief Managed. Details
- Let the fun fly at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Butterfly Release. Details
- Hear the Buzz about Hummingbirds at Cook Museum’s Science on the Spot. Details
- Visit the Limestone Sheriff’s Rodeo and cheer on the barrel racers & bull riders. Details
- Enjoy the funnel cake, games, and rides at the Big Ole’ Ballpark Fair. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.