It’s a great weekend to keep an eye on the sky! Fly a kite during AshaKiran’s virtual Community Kite Festival, or check out the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s newest children’s installation, Tweetsville. Take a trip back to the 1800s during Burritt’s Fire on the Mountain or help keep Huntsville beautiful with two community clean up days. Don’t see anything for you? Be sure to check out our events calendar for a complete listing.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
Vote on your Huntsville favorites for an award from Rocket City Mom!
Now more than ever small local businesses need your support! What better way is there to offer that support than by telling a friend or neighbor how great your experience was and encouraging them to use that business? THAT’S what makes our annual Family Favorite Awards so special! Vote on your Huntsville favorites throughout the month of March here.
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Go bird watching in the HBG’s latest children’s installation, Tweetsville. Details
- Create your own cast-and-mold fossils at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- …and check out their latest exhibit, Dare to Explore: Milestones to Mars. Details
- Visit the 1800s during Burritt’s Fire on the Mountain event. Details
- FREE – Keep Huntsville Beautiful and take part in a UAH Clean Up Day. Details
- …and come back with the same energy for the Terry Heights Clean Up Day. Details
- Enjoy a Parents’ Night Out while your littles enjoy games and play at Matrix Gym. Details
- Get your summer planned with the RCM Summer Camp Guide. Details
- Join James Clemens High Theatre for a production of Matilda the Musical. Details
- Connect with manga/anime artists and vendors during Huntsville’s Anime Day. Details
- FREE – Join AshaKiran for their virtual 9th Annual Community Kite Festival. Details
- FREE – Shop for Spring looks at the Kids’ Swap Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Check out Sweet Repeats Consignment Sale for fresh seasonal looks. Details
- FREE – Have fun with your pet or adopt a new one at FOR’s Grand Opening Celebration. Details
- FREE – Make your own St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Fairy Wand. Details
- FREE – Break out the crafting supplies for these adorable lucky flower pots. Details
- FREE – Make your own potato chips with this Kids Kitchen Takeover. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- 2021 Spring Activity Guide
- Milestones to Mars Brings New Space Journey to the Rocket City
- Vote for Your Huntsville Favorites Today and Share Some Love
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.