It’s a fairly quiet weekend in the Huntsville area before school starts next week in Madison County. But there’s still PLENTY to do to squeeze the last drops of fun from summer break! If you don’t find something below, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff.
- School Supply Drives: Where to Donate & Receive
- After School Care Options in the TN Valley
- RCM’s 2021 Back to School Guide
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- Just $5 – Enjoy special pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- Just 50¢ per ride – It’s the LAST WEEKEND for the Athens Kiddie Carnival! Details
- FREE – Listen to a live calypso concert in Madison this Thursday. Details
- FREE – It’s Pick-Your-Own Flowers weekend at Isom’s Orchard. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Cook Museum is hosting an animal storytime in the museum store Friday morning. Details
- FREE – Moana will be the last Movie In the Park of the summer Friday night! Details
- FREE – Head to the Back to School Parade in North Huntsville. Details
- FREE – Then head over to the Back to School Block Party downtown! Details
- FREE – Learn some Self-Defense Basics with your teen daughter on Saturday. Details
- FREE – The peaches are in at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Teens can get pointers & study tips for the ACT in this prep class. Details
- Just $5 – Take a group roller skating lesson at Insanity Skate Park. Details
- FREE – Spanish-speaking families can enjoy a Back to School Fiesta just for them! Details
- FREE – Go creek stomping with the kids. Details
- FREE – It’s the last weekend to celebrate Parks & Rec Month. Details
- FREE – Browse the Lowe Mill A&E Outdoor Art Market on Saturday. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Buzz your Little One over to Seeds & Sprouts to learn about pollinators this Friday. Details
- There’s Magic On the Mercury & Chase train ride & special guests this Saturday! Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for their breathtaking new exhibit, Night Blooms. Details
- Saturday is Member Appreciation Day at the Cook Museum in Decatur. Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s Drone exhibit & hands-on activities. Details
- Visit a local water park for some cool summer fun! Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.